Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov reconnaissance and trainers. From R-1 to Po-2 1/72
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 10:21:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov reconnaissance and trainers. From R-1 to Po-2 1/72  (Read 3741 times)
BLG

« on: September 11, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »

He everybody,
I begin here a galerie of Polikaprov reconnaissance and trainer biplanes.

R-1

Russian kit Maquette from the box, except the decal "Comrad Artyom" on the right side of this plane from the "Our answer to Chamberlain" squadron

R-5
The buildings are here :Building R-5

Sinkiang, 1934. Kit VP (vacu from Victoria production)

R-5 used in 1942 for night harassment along with U-2
Kit Apex and a lot of corrections.  

R-5 Sh
(Schturmovik with 4 PV-1 on wings) 1939 Mongolia Khalkhin-Gol battle
 kit MPM vacu with injected pieces (wheels, masts, propeller) . The best to make a R-5 until the arrival of the future AMG

R-5 SSS

Skorostnoi, Skoropod'emnoi, Skorostrel'nyi  "High speed, rapid rise, rapid fire"
Many changes from the initial R-5.  
31 used by Spanish republicans as "Rasante".  Model of 1rst night attack squadron
Kit Apex (Park models) and a lot of corrections for a R-5 + modifications specific to SSS

R-5a :
Float planes, MR-5 for civilians . About 100 build
Kit Vacukit (spain) , scratch for floats.

R-5t.

To allow the loading of a torpedo, the gunner and its Degtyarev were suppressed and the shape of the landing gear modified.

kit MPM , landing gear and torpedo: scratch.

R-5 limousine

kit Apex (Pioneer) + many correction +scratch  of the Grokowski containers and the rear fuselage .

Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:47:10 PM by BLG » Logged

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »

Wow - nice work, Bernard! You built the MPM vacuform twice, and the Victoria Products vac, too? Now I'm really impressed! There was also a vacuform from Air Kit in Russia, if you want to do another one.  Wink I tried yesterday to get some news from AMG regarding when their 1/72 R-5 will be available, but so far, no reply.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 06:08:06 PM »

Hi Bernard,
this is an impressive work, very systematic  and well made. None can vaunt such a collection of Polikarpovs. I like these models very much. I have both the Apex and the MPM vacuform, but I don't think that they will ever leave their boxes.
I hope to see new works of you soon.
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:45:13 PM »

Thanks John and Massimo for your comments.
Quote from: John Thompson
You built the MPM vacuform twice, and the Victoria Products vac, too?
And the Vacukit (spanish origine) for the floatplane. This kit is close to the VP , but not identical and needs more corrections. Details in the building post on a french forum  Building R-5. The Russian Airkit is probably more accurate  if it's from  Alexandre Kozyrev (RIP) . I would be happy to find it.
Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:48:42 PM by BLG » Logged

BLG

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 11:04:12 AM »

Hi everybody.
After, the R-5, a derivative, the RZ , but which was not developped by N.N. Polikarpov. It is due the the technical team of Gaz 1 particularly  Markov and Skarbov
Here are 3 Markov and Skarbov RZ planes
I used the Azur (spanish)  and Special hobby (Russian)  kits. They are the same sprues. The "russian" kit contains ski and 2 types of canopy.

There is a lot of mistakes:
Lower wing , it's a R-5 one

Horizontal tail surface. It's again a R-5 type

Fuselage. The height of the rear part of the fuselage too small

The fin and upper part are correct. So , these parts can be cut and the gap filled with 2 mm of plastic card.

The total length too long. Fortunately, this is due to the size of the wing root, to adapt to the lower wing which is too large. So, when this part , between the engine and the cockpit is corrected, the wing root fits exactly to the wing which has also been corrected.

To fit the corrected horizontal surfaces, some corrections are needed

Spain , Republicans,  1937, 30e group."El colossal".

Pendant la guerre d'hiver en Finlande, FĂ©vrier 1940, 43e LBAP

Duo"Rasante and  Natacha"

Finland , 43 LBAP February  1940

Night bomber 1941. 741 LBAP .

Regards

Bernard
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 03:12:41 PM by BLG » Logged

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:23:20 PM »

Nice work! You did a great job on correcting the SH kit. I love the R-5/RZ, but I could never do the corrections that you've shown so well - I guess I'll have to wait until the Arsenal Model Group kit is released!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 07:17:45 AM »

Hi Bernard,
I'm impressed again for this well made, systematic and huge work. Three accurate R-Z obtained from unaccurate kits are a noticeable add to your collection.
About the work: I see that the rudder appears white in the photos of your work. Is it scratchbuilt from plasticard, or modified and painted?
Seems that the artbox is more accurat than the kit itself, am I wrong?
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 12:49:19 PM »

Thank you John and Massimo.
For John, I don't know if AMG is going to produce a RZ beside the R-5. If you are lucky, you could find a pre owned "Airkits" RZ produced by A Kozyrev (RIP). However, if you have  "tiger" blades and fine metal file, as explained, the corrections are easy to do.
For Massimo, I had to increase the heigth of the rear fuselage. The rudder of the kit is to small, and it's easier to make a new one in plasticard than to try to correct it. I had to insert a 2mm band as seen on this photo:

Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:11:33 PM by BLG » Logged

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »

For John, I don't know if AMG is going to produce a RZ beside the R-5. If you are lucky, you could find a pre owned "Airkits" RZ produced by A Kozyrev (RIP). However, if you a "tiger" blades and fine metal file, as explained, the corrections are easy to do.

Yeah, I've actually got the Airkits RZ which I bought from Aleksandr directly, many years ago. I'm very sorry to hear he's no longer with us. I've looked at the kit many times, even thought about trying to combine it with the Special Hobby one, but I don't have as much courage as you seem to have! Again, good work!

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: