Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hi everyone 2021 newcomer !
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 07:10:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone 2021 newcomer !  (Read 1844 times)
Naram

« on: January 05, 2021, 09:15:39 AM »

Good Morinig all,

In a nut shell :I am a 45 years old french Modeler, leaving in some remote area of Africa (so with limited access to model, material and equipment and hence with a limited productivity mainly when I go back home)

I enjoy building 1/72 soviet planes and would like to expand my knowledge, skills and expland my built kit collection for
- the civil war (Nieuport, Morromets, spads and other)
- inter war and their mega plane and prototype
- early jets of the 50's

I am very glad you accepted my application. I do not have tremendously well build and accurate models but I hope i will keep motivated and improve along the year.
Happy New yar 2021 !

Naram
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »

Hi Naram,
welcome here. I hope that we will be of help to your projects.
I suppose that you already have the book Red Stars 3 of Geust and Petrov on the Russian and Soviet planes up to 1941.
Regards
Massimo
Naram

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:43:24 PM »

thanks Massimo for the welcome;

I am a big fan of your builds.

No i did not have it yet, hence I have just ordered it online.
I posses the "Russian Aviation Colours 1909-1922. Volume 3" from Marat Khairulin.

Would you have any recommendation for other books that may be of interest ?

Regards,
Naram
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 07:01:37 AM »

Hi Naram,
I think to have seen an issue of Aviakollectsia about the painting of the Soviet planes before 1941.
Besides I have 'Soviet aircraft and aviation 1919-1941 of Lennart Andersson, ed. Putnam, but it is a sort of encyclopedia without all the images that would be needed by a modeler.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:15:06 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
learstang

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 10:04:00 PM »

Welcome to the site! If you need any assistance with Great Patriotic War fighters and bombers, I might be able to help, as I know a bit about those, especially the Il-2.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: