Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
KCM-1 colors wanted...
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KCM-1 colors wanted...  (Read 1739 times)
rlucas

« on: February 09, 2021, 05:48:29 PM »

Hi all,

A little bit of a longshot here... I am interested in the KCM-1 monoplane that was constructed between the wars. Seems like an interesting plane with quite in atractive proportions. There are quite a few pictures here and there on the net, but what I am trying to find is the colors of this plane. Judging from the pictures it seems like dark shade, maybe red or dark blue? Have there been any publications on this plane? I know there was some reference in История авиации number 24 and 25.

Also are there any three views or drawings? I have found a very small drawing, but that's about it...

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/law1/ksm1.html

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Best regards,
rlucas

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:19:33 PM »

Hi,
nice plane.
I see that there is an article of M-Hobby in bibliography.  Righidan published a file with an historical index of articles of M-Hobby some time ago, it should be on some post of some months ago. Perhaps it's possible to find the issue on which it was published.
My guess for that plane is red and white, but I can't be sure.
Regards
Massimo
rlucas

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »

Hello Massimo,

I think I found that bibliography, is it this one?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8wHZwzo4rb3VFHHi4mvEYbL6mbP3Fem/view

I did not find however any link to where there might be an article. Where did you find the reference that there might bew an article? I am still trying to find out all the info that is here, but there is a lot! Smiley

Regards,
rlucas
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 01:10:42 PM »

hi,
it's the first title of the bibliography.
М-Хобби. Александр Кириндас. Рожденный ездить летать стремиться
If one knows the issue, maybe it's possible to find it in some way.
Regards
Massimo
righidan

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 09:26:23 AM »

Dear friends,
   A. Kirindas published a few articles in M-hobby, most of them about trucks, but this article appeared in the issue No. 46 of June 2003, and is indexed as Smolin UPOV-2.
   Mr. Kirindas is also the author of the articles that have appeared in История Авиации, issues 24, 25 and 27, unluckily there are neither scale drawings nor color profiles in all these articles, just a very small drawing without cross sections in M-Hobby.
   If you search for < Smolin KSM-1> in Google, and even better for < Смолин КСМ-1> in the Russian search engine Yandex, you will be able to find almost all what has been published in print, and feeding the address to Google translate, you can have all this information in English, but again I fear without scale drawings or color profiles.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
rlucas

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 09:17:04 PM »

Hi all,

Many thanks for all the pointers! I found also the M-Hobby magazine, also a very nice article! The 3 view in this article is unfortunately no the KCM-1, but one of the other car engined planes. It contain some pictures I didn't see yet. I might do an attempt at a three myself, there seem to be quite a few good quality pictures atleast.

Regards,
rlucas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: