Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2 Red 5 of 8thGdsShAP
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 06:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2 Red 5 of 8thGdsShAP  (Read 822 times)
expositor

« on: June 20, 2022, 12:29:00 AM »

Apologies if this query is in the wrong part of this forum.  So is the above a/c shown in this site:

ava.org.ru/shap/8gm.htm

an arrow wing?   Looks like it might be while the other plane doesn't, though I've been known to be
wrong on many an occasion....

Thanks!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »

Hi,
it is an arrow wing one, as you can see looking at the shadow on the ground. But are you sure that the number 5 is red? Looks white on the photo.
Strangely, the photo of the most recent plane was shown as first, while photos of other planes follow.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 06:42:52 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for confirming the wing.  In my view, there appears a very wide silver or white outline around a fine or thin second shade like the star, but it did originally appear to me to be just white or silver.  Your
opinion on that carries more weight than mine....

Thanks again,
Jim
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »

Hi Jim,
I've enlarged and contrasted the image, it could be that there is a white outline of the number but the inside isn't red, besides this could be an artifact of the .jpg compression that creates an increased contrast on the outlines. In absence of anything more clear, I would assume the number was white.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 10:30:43 PM »

Hi Massimo,

White '5' it is; any idea if the wing is metal?

Thanks for taking the time!
Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: