Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
23 O Sh AP Black Sea Fleet
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 06:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 23 O Sh AP Black Sea Fleet  (Read 2169 times)
expositor

« on: July 03, 2021, 09:53:56 AM »

Hello,

Found instructions of a Dakoplast Il-2 T, mentioning the above unit conducted torpedo drop trials.  Is
the "T" and said regiment apocryphal?  I couldn't find such a numbered unit in the VMF info I was able
to access, but as the model manufacturer is/was Russian, should I assume they have info not readily available to us across the pond?

Thanks!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 06:51:36 AM »

Hi,
I have never seen photos of such equipped plane, nor remember to have seen this written on reliable sources.
I vaguely remember some ancient thread on some forum where it was written that there was no proof of such use.  This doesn't necessarily mean that it is false, of course.
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 02:17:37 PM »

do these instructions show a torpedo?
was one included in the kit?
is there a way you could post a scan?
( I have several Dakoplast Il-2 , but not the T )
Thanks In Advance 

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 09:43:47 PM »

do these instructions show a torpedo?
was one included in the kit?
is there a way you could post a scan?
( I have several Dakoplast Il-2 , but not the T )
Thanks In Advance 

Sorry, DGM - I checked my stockpile of Il-2 kits, and the Dako Il-2T is one I never had. I tried a bit of Googling, but even that didn't turn up anything useful. If I find something, I'll let you know; maybe Learstang will notice this and post some information.

John
expositor

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 10:51:13 PM »

Gents,

You can see the instructions in Scalemates, showing a torpedo and racks similar to those on the Pe-2, so I would assume those are included in the kit.

Good day!
expositor

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 06:33:44 AM »

Apologies if someone takes exception to my resurrecting this thread, but I just happened to check the instructions of my Zvezda Il-2 #7286 and found that it has markings for a plane of the 23rd Special Assault Regiment of the Black Sea Fleet, though it is the "Guards Honor" white 24, actually of the 8th Guards ShAP Ch F.  The plane Zvezda says is in the Gds unit is yellow(?) 16 with a Gds insignia under the front cockpit.
I also found a record of said 23rd Assault Regiment in this site:  ava.org.ru/shap.html#vmf.
No photos are provided though....
Anyone know of such an Il-2, #16 with a Guards insignia?  That kit has arrow wings with the NS 37 guns; maybe Zvezda mixed #7286 with their #7279 straight wing kit which should have that armament?  Did any arrow wing actually have 37 gun pods?  Hobby Boss' Il-2M3 arrow wing kit also has said gun pods.  Maybe I should split this into another thread?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 12:37:25 PM »

Hi,
have you already searched between the existing photos and profiles on Sovietwarplanes site?
About underwing pods: I have only one photo of arrow Il-2, and the guns are of larger caliber. It hasn't numbers or unit markings, so it should be an experimental plane.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 07:34:38 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Of course I did!  Your pages are my go-to for all planes Russian, and that's how I knew White 24 was in  8th GdsShAP and not the 23rdShAP as per Zvezda's instructions; unless I'm having more lasting senior moments....
How did Zvezda and Hobby Boss get the arrow wing NS 37 wrong, as well as which markings go with which wing version?  I also have the Academy -2M3 which has White 24 markings as well, but with the correct straight wing.
The recent thread on Il-2 kits at Britmodeler prompted me to check my kits, hence the questions.

Thanks!
Jim
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 10:42:57 PM »

Hi Jim,
could you post a drawing of plane 16 from the instructions of the kit, please? I'll try to remember if I've seen it anywhere.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 11:33:16 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Have been having scanning issues, so I'll cite the Scalemates link with Zvezda's box art showing that plane:

scalemates.com/kits/zvezda-7286-il-2-stormovik-tank-hunter-172096

The box art shows a straight wing but the kit has an arrow wing; no problem though as their other kit has straight wings to make a switch....

Many thanks,
Jim
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »

Hi Jim,
I had a look to my photos, but seems that I haven't found a suitable one for 16. Besides I don't think that it had a yellow spinner, looks unlikely for friendly fire reasons. Light blue could be more likely.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 09:44:52 PM »

Hi Massimo,

What about that Guards insignia?  Could that plane be in the same 8th Guards, just in another squadron?
Maybe each one had a different color for spinners and bort numbers?  Still, the reference to the unit in question, the 23rd SnAP, can't be confirmed right, so another spurious drawing?

Do you have an opinion on the mix up of arrow wings and 37 gun pods on the Zvezda and HBoss kits?

Thanks again for taking the time!
Jim
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 10:46:13 PM »

Hi Jim,
I suppose that the guards emblem is likely enough. For the number, white darkened by exhaust stains looks more likely, but who can demonstrate that yellow is wrong?
The gunpods can be  only on straight wing planes, deprived of their 23 mm guns and of the rocket rails.
Regards
Massimo
expositor

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2022, 11:01:19 AM »

Hi Massimo,

I just realized that that particular insignia is not a Guards emblem, but the Order of the Red Banner, so that scheme is more believable to me now....

Thanks,
Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: