Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Yak-9U 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
April 27, 2024, 12:11:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Yak-9U 1/48  (Read 5429 times)
Audrius

« on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »

hello,
the following information was observed on Russian modelling board- FSM.
It says that a new resin kit of Yak-9U in 1/48 has appeared in the market. It is produced by new company - Scale Bureau.
It's mentioned that the resin by NeOmega, contains 2 vacuum canopies, decal for 6 profiles. The assemble instruction not yet printed, but it will be after the kit will reach a market. In plans of new producer Yak-9P and La-9/11.

Here are samples of the kit, decal sheet:

Looks very good!!

BR
Audrius
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »

Wow - thanks, Audrius! "Looks very good"? It looks absolutely gorgeous! The 1/48 enthusiasts really are getting some amazing kits this year. Those of us who prefer 1/72 scale might have to "change our religion"!  Wink

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 01:37:12 AM »

although I am pleased someone wants to do a kit of the Yak-9U it's also a pity that they goofed it up.

the Yak-9U has a 'squared' wingtip like it's predecessors.
the Yak-9P is the only Yak-9 with round wingtips.
likewise, the landing light is also only on the Yak-9P and not the Yak-9U.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
nimbus109

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

I agree on the wingtip, but that is easily fixed......I am anxious to find a dealer....Modelimex in CZ  and Buffies Best in the US have said no, but Neomega UK may pick it up due to their connection with Neomega. I for one will buy. Great looking kit and much much better than the ICM Yak-9s.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: