Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-3 gun installation - details?
Sovietwarplanes
April 27, 2024, 12:38:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-3 gun installation - details?  (Read 1185 times)
ChristianK

« on: January 09, 2022, 04:50:53 PM »

Gentlemen,

have you ever seen any good views of the MG-installation in the Yak-3 fuselage, like directly from above or from some similar angle? I have found next to nothing in my books or on the internet...

Cheers,
Christian
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 03:28:06 PM »

I went through my saved Yak-3 images, but found nothing. While some Yak-3's had one machine gun, I believe most had two. The Yak-9 had only one; the Yak-1, two. Will Yak-1 images help? I haven't looked through those yet; let me know if that would help, if I can find anything - no promises!

John
ChristianK

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 04:20:26 PM »

Thanks John, but it would have to be an image of a Yak-3. And yes, photos like these are surprisingly hard to come by. There a some good images of the "naked" engine area from the Le Bourget example, but no top views as far as i know Sad
righidan

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 06:46:50 PM »

Hope this helps.
   It is an image from page 40 of the 2011 book Эксмо - Як-3. Истребитель Победа by N. Yakubovich.
   It has a caption that roughly translates: " View of the power plant from above with the hood of the Yak-3 VK-107A removed with screws AV-10p-20 and VISH-YU7LO, issue head No. 115, which passed state tests from February 7 to May 15, 1944: a - the casing of the internal exhaust manifolds; b - the air outlet cooling the internal exhaust manifolds; c - a pipe supplying air for blowing internal candles"
Hope it is what you need.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
ChristianK

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »

It's not the standard engine (M-105) but this photo gives a good insight into the general arrangement - Kind of what I was looking for; thanks Daniele Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 06:09:03 AM »

Hi all,
I fear that the Yak-3VK-107 had important differences in this area, including an air intake connected to those manifolds.
Something more on the differences between the types is here: http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak3/yak3vk107/yak3vk107.html

Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: