Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/72 Hobby boss Mig 3 oil radiator error
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 10:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/72 Hobby boss Mig 3 oil radiator error  (Read 1234 times)
BLG

« on: February 11, 2022, 08:53:00 PM »

Hi everybody.

I have recently built several  Mig 3

It's only when I posted this picture

that I realized that the Hobbyboss oil cooler on the right side had a wrong shape

I have corrected it, on this one

and the nine other.

Some exemples

The left side may also be (more easily) corrected

Regards
Bernard

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 11:39:52 AM by BLG » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 10:24:10 PM »

Hi Bernard,
thank you for the warning, I've informed a friend that is building the same kit.
Regards
Massimo
Anton Petrov

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 11:25:50 AM »

Great job on fixing the air intake for the right oil cooler,  Bernard.
Good spotting that they were different in shape. They were like that because of the direction of the propeller spin and the subsequent air flow created by it.

That's a really interesting camo on that first MiG. Do you have more photos of this plane?
BLG

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 11:46:43 AM »

Hi Anton,
Yhank you for you appreciation.
There is a link in my post to go to the french forum where the building and the pictures of these thirteen  I-200 , Mig1, Mig 3 and I-210 are posted.

Once again:  Mig 3

Other  photos of Puchkin Mig, 25 IAP,  Sumgait :

Regards
Bernard

Anton Petrov

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 02:48:44 PM »

Hi Bernard.  That's an excellent page! I loved looking through it and seeing those models. I think the first time I went there I didn't realise that I could scroll down that far to see all those awesome models/photos. They are very well interpreted paint schemes in my opinion.

I had my eye set on some of these paint schemes for a while too, no doubt I'll also make scale models using some of these schemes,  or will try to draw profiles of them (probably profiles first!).  Your page helps with the inspiration:). Thanks for sharing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: