Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Zvezda Yak-9D 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 10:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zvezda Yak-9D 1/48  (Read 1703 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: July 08, 2022, 06:47:06 AM »

Hi all,
I've unexpectedly found a new kit of Yak-9D of Zvezda, 1/48, in a shop of Gorizia.  I've quickly bought it, and it looks very satisfying.
A video of the unboxing  (not mine) can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcoHc_hRIFI
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 04:04:52 PM »

There was a mention on BM that Sergey Kosachev had done a comparison between the Zvezda and Modelsvit 1/48 Yak-9D on Scalemodels.ru, and he preferred the Modelsvit one by a small margin. I've been working on the Modelsvit Yak-9DD, and really didn't like it very much - lots of problems assembling the fuselage. I'd be very curious to see them both myself. I still think the Zvezda one will be the better kit, but I don't have one to look at, although I do have the Modelsvit Yak-9D. I think Sergey's comparison was just based on looking at them in their boxes, not assembling them. I was told, though, that the assembly was redesigned on the Modelsvit Yak-9D, so maybe it's better than their Yak-9DD.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 10:24:11 PM »

Does the video on youtube give a good idea?
I have to say that the model was more expensive than I thought, 29.50 euros, only 2 or 3 euros less than their Il-2 in 1/48 in the same shop.

Massimo
Seawinder

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 04:02:23 AM »

Hi all. It's been a while since I've visited/posted.

I'm in the midst of building a Zvezda Yak-9D. I can't speak for the recent Modelsvit production, but their earlier Yak-9DD is much less refined and detailed than the Zvezda effort, which is very complex for a small fighter aircraft kit, with 192 parts, many of which are very small. The kit builds from the inside out, with the whole cockpit and engine (which can have more or less pieces depending on whether you plan to build it exposed or not) mounting on the lower wing, and the multi-piece exterior attaching around it. In this picture, taken when the cockpit was pretty well done, the assembly comprises something over 50 parts.

Since taking the photo, I've discovered that the landing gear struts must be attached prior to the joining of the wing tops and bottoms. Similarly, the tail wheel assembly must be attached to the inside of the separate fuselage bottom part before it is installed.

I'm enjoying the build, and everything goes together reasonably well considering the many pieces. However, tolerances are tight, and there are plenty of opportunities to go awry. The instruction diagrams could be clearer IMHO, and I've had to study them carefully to get things properly located. Bottom line, I think it's going to yield a very well detailed model, but it's in no way a kit that falls together. I'll try to post another photo or two as I progress.

Cheers, Pip
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 07:23:24 AM by Seawinder » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 09:07:18 PM »

Hi Pip,
it looks an impressively well detailed kit. I've bought it too and seems that it won't be too easy. 
I've not compared it in detail  with the Yak-3 of the same manifacturer, but for what I think to recall, this looks a much more complex and detailed kit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: