Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2 question? Answered!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2 question? Answered!  (Read 2252 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 10:42:25 PM »

Hi Daniele,
thank to you and Mr. Rodionov for this important work. My curiosity about the next step is huge,
Regards
Massimo
righidan

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 10:11:35 AM »

Dear friends,
   Massimo has just loaded a last installment on the Il-2; it is a file containing information about the airplane geometry, and above all the fuselage sections, that were missing from the excellent Trufanov drawings in MHobby.
   While it completes an exhaustive description of such an important airplane, it is not the end, because Prof. Rodionov has updated the files on the single seaters, which were originally published in a portrait format.
   Changing them to a landscape format, to make them uniform with the later variants, he has also updated them, and much enlarged.
   So stay tuned, as there is still some new material to be published!
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2023, 11:34:15 AM »

Hi Daniele, well made, after this work much more is known and clear about Il-2. I was a bit surprised looking at the rear fuselage section, I never realized that the curvature was so different between the upper and lower part. Thanks to you and prof.  Rodionov for this work.
Best regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2023, 10:40:21 AM »

Amazing work.
Wait - there were two types of 'Arrow' wings?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2023, 07:29:13 AM »

For what I know, a first increase of the angle, compared to the prototype,  was already on early production Il-2s of 1941 and a further increase in late 1943.
righidan

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2023, 11:54:59 AM »

Dear friends,
   Massimo is right.
   The central part of the Il-2 wing, said inspired to that of the DB-3, had a general geometry that did not change through its development.
   The external part of the wing had three main variations: an extension of the central part angle, 0 degrees, for the TsKB55 prototype only, illustrated on page 13.
   One angled by 8.5 degrees, as used in the TsKB55P prototype, the single seaters and the early two seaters, illustrated on page 15.
   Finally, what we usually call arrow, angled by 13.5 degrees, illustrated on page 20, used in the later two seaters.
   On page 23, you have a comparison of the latter two.
   I must say that work is in progress to prepare correct scale drawings of the prototypes, but it is impossible to guess a date when they will be ready.
   When there is a reasonable idea, you will of course know.
   Then, if you have the description of the zavod 18(6) single seaters, of something more than 100 pages, the good news is that Massimo has uploaded the revised version.
   To say revised is a little understatement, as now it has more than 400 landscape numbered pages.
   You can browse for little gems, like a scale drawing of the KAS-4 cassette for flares, on page 239, a detail often present but overlooked, you can hunt for photographs where they are visible, like on page 252 and 253.
   This time Massimo has not prepared a new entry, so you must download it from the March 7, 2023: a Research of Ivan Rodionov on single-seater Il-2s built in Factory 18 in 1941 line.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2023, 06:41:46 AM »

Hi Daniele,
thank you for your efforts.
Someone has difficulty to open all the pdf files. I've checked, and my browser hadn't any problem in doing this.  If anyone interested can't access the files, he can try again changing his browser.
Best regards
Massimo
righidan

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2023, 09:11:43 AM »

Dear friends,
   Massimo has just published the landscape version of the file on the single seaters of zavod 18(7).
   It is 230 pages long, and as the smaller files about the other single seaters of the zavods with lower production are almost done we should soon have a complete picture.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
righidan

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 03:52:49 PM »

Dear friends,
   Massimo has just published an article about the Il-2 prototypes, the TsKB-55, TsKB-57 and TsKB-55p.
   It is a more than one hundred pages pdf, with scale drawings in 1/72 and 1/48 scale, and many high-resolution photos from the state trials report.
   The late Klimov has prepared the original drawings, I have finalized and expanded them under Prof. Rodionov guidance, he has made available the original photos, and Massimo has prepared the pdf for everyone to enjoy.
   I believe that it is the most complete visual history of these airplanes produced today, but of course, any suggestion and correction of the inevitable mistakes is welcome.
Best regards
Daniele

Daniele
Mark Proulx

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 07:17:40 PM »

Is the pdf available for us? If so, where? Link?

Mark Proulx
righidan

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2023, 11:15:45 PM »

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

It is the first on the list.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
Mark Proulx

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2023, 11:21:11 PM »

Thanks!

Mark Proulx
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2023, 07:39:38 AM »

Hi,
Daniele has worked a lot on these vector drawings. He has acquired a graphical experience that could be helpful for future works of the site. Thank you for all your efforts, Daniele.
Regards
Massimo
righidan

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2023, 06:16:50 PM »

Dear friends,
   Massimo has just published an article about the Il-2 prototype with the radial M-82 engine.
   It is 47 pages long, with many photos and seven-view drawings in 1/72 and 1/48 scale.
   The late Klimov had prepared the original drawings, but they have been much expanded and corrected using original material that was not available twenty years ago.
   Text and photos come from Prof. Rodionov, and Massimo has prepared the pdf for everyone to enjoy.
   It seems to me that this work is more correct than what I have seen published before, but as always, any suggestion and correction of the possible mistakes is much welcome.
Best regards
Daniele

Daniele
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »

Hi Daniele,
my part was just limited to upload and link the file, nothing comparable to your work on the text and drawings of the same page. Thanks to you and Rodionov for this work of the highest possible quality.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: