Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
NKVD Border Guard markings
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 07:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NKVD Border Guard markings  (Read 5075 times)
Ioaea

« on: November 04, 2005, 04:19:09 AM »

Hi

As I understand it, NKVD units used Po-2s, R-5s as border guard flights. I've picked up the Pioneer 2 R-5, and was wondering how NKVD markings might have been applied to which parts of a given aircraft, as I wish to model it on one of these machines.

The few images I've seen tell us that a plain red star is superimposed upon a green disc touching at all five points, outlined in a thin white border, upon the tail surfaces (in this case) of an I-2. Is this correct? And where else might these markings have been applied? Did NKVD units also carry badges, ? l? Guards units?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
M_Bykov

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 09:33:23 AM »

http://bellabs.ru/Fotab/APV/APV_01.html
Ioaea

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:18:27 PM »

Hi

Doesn't give me any more info than that which I'd already surmised, but thanks. Would there perhaps be the normal black edged red stars on the lower wings and fuselage, do you think? Uppers too? Unadorned perhaps?

thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: