Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
another Eduard La-7
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 06:33:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: another Eduard La-7  (Read 14425 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:13 AM »

Thanks, Honza. Getting the Eduard spinner to look that good is an accomplishment all by itself!

John
Dave

guaranteed varnished nutcase

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »

Wow Honza, that is truly amazing work Shocked. The best I have ever done is add pedals and a gearstick to an (EMPTY) airfix spitfire, that and slice the canopy into open position  Embarrassed

How do you achieve the grubby interior effect - spraying on a base coat and then adding the grey/green over it?
Honza Jezl

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 04:09:52 PM »

First - one question according highlighted area on the picture. It is part of opening part of the rear canopy. The question is, what remains there when the canopy is open? Is there same/similar fixed part? Or just kind of small semicircular metal plates to which is open part locked when closed. (I hope you understand what I mean...)

Dave - after base coat (surfacer 1200) is everything sprayed with black. Then I took greatly thinned interior colour (gray/blue/green) and sprayed middle parts of all "panels" (areas in between ribs) leaving corners darker. Of course I oversprayed a bit everything as I didn't want ribs black. Then I sprayed everything with acrylic gloss clear lacquer and leave it dry. After that I applied greatly thinned dark black/gray/brown oil colour to corners (kind of wash), left it dry for 2-3 hours and removed excessive oil colour with .... how the hell to call it - sticks with cotton at the end used for cleaning ears. I left it dry again and applied drybrush - light blue/green/gray colour and at the end very light drybrush with white colour to highlight some areas. And that's it  Smiley
Renato71

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »

First - one question according highlighted area on the picture. It is part of opening part of the rear canopy. The question is, what remains there when the canopy is open? Is there same/similar fixed part? Or just kind of small semicircular metal plates to which is open part locked when closed. (I hope you understand what I mean...)

Congrats on your work! simply...? Shocked

Regarding your question, I have no pic whatsoever, but if Ruskies kept with their tradition, it should look just like on your drawing (red outline), but recessed for the depth of transparent part. Usually, there is a lot of wear around the holes, and they should be rounded in profile (cross-section) as well, like a throat or funnel. This way it's easier to match the fastener with the hole Smiley
If you cannot find appropriate picture, any walkaround of Soviet aircraft will do. Some servicing panels on Mig-15 are designed in the same manner as on Mig-21, so I believe things like that are hard to change (if it works - don't change it).

Renato
Dave

guaranteed varnished nutcase

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »

Dave - after base coat (surfacer 1200) is everything sprayed with black. Then I took greatly thinned interior colour (gray/blue/green) and sprayed middle parts of all "panels" (areas in between ribs) leaving corners darker. Of course I oversprayed a bit everything as I didn't want ribs black. Then I sprayed everything with acrylic gloss clear lacquer and leave it dry. After that I applied greatly thinned dark black/gray/brown oil colour to corners (kind of wash), left it dry for 2-3 hours and removed excessive oil colour with .... how the hell to call it - sticks with cotton at the end used for cleaning ears. I left it dry again and applied drybrush - light blue/green/gray colour and at the end very light drybrush with white colour to highlight some areas. And that's it  Smiley

Wow, sounds quite a challenge, but I would like to give it a go! I have an airbrush but have yet to get it to spray consistently Sad
Honza Jezl

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 10:20:26 PM »

Finally done. More pictures will follow later (in week or so)
hmm, what's the problem with posting of images?? Too big? Blocked source?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:25:13 PM by Honza Jezl » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »

Hi Honza, Smiley
I see that the images of your model are not on line. Are them still to the address where you have put them?
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: