Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Work in progress,Eduard I-16 Type 10.
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 08:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Work in progress,Eduard I-16 Type 10.  (Read 15706 times)
marluc

« on: October 18, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »

Hello everybody:

Some months ago I started working on the Eduard Polikarpov I-16 Type 10.I want to finnish it as a Spanish Civil War bird,coded CM-177.Here are some pics.
I reworked all inner structure and mixed the PE with the plastic parts,the map case on the left side came from the spares box.The landing gear box handle was reshaped with streched sprue and PVA glue.Some wires were added.

The floor was redone as well as the rudder pedals,and structure was added below it.The armored backrest was extended and I made the back cushion.The bucket seat was thinned a bit.?

I hope you like it,any advice or critics will lbe very welcome.Greetings:

Martin

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »

Whow! Great work! Shocked
Maybe the small holes over the instrument panel could be internally enlarged to give the impression of a thin skinning, when seen from outside.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 11:50:12 PM »

Thanks Massimo for your kind words.And thanks for the tip,I?ll do it.Another thing I?ll try to do are the grab handles (or holes) in front of the pilot.Best regards:

Martin

marluc

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 12:36:49 PM »

Hello everybody:

I?m posting more photos of my Eduard I-16 in progress.These are related with the underwing and landing gear.
First I opened the spent cartridges holes,they are based on Maslov?s book plans enlarged to 1/48.The windows in the whell wells were opened too,they will be covered with a transparent material from the inside.And the landing gear retraction/extension cable hole was moved to a correct position.

The landing gear legs were shortened according to Maslov?s plans because they looked a little bit long in the sprues.The tops were replaced with hypodermic needle and the doors were thinned.

They were detailed with structure,brake lines and the lower door closing system wire.This was made based on photos and inspired by the work done by Aleks Sekularac on the Hobbycraft I-16 ?early Type 5? (white 1) article.Thank you very much Aleks!!!!!
As I said before,any advice,criticism or question will be very welcomed.That?s all folks,by now.Greetings:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »

Hi, Smiley
the work looks very good. Thank you for posting it.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »

Hello everybody:

This is my progress with the Eduard I-16.This time,the painted cockpit interior.

I airbrushed both sides Wood Aerolak because it?s more suitable for a 1938 I-16.I painted the levers and landing gear crank box in lightened black,drybrush with silver paint mixed with black.It looks overdone,but once the fuselage halves are closed,very little will be seen.I added the oxigen and nitro bottles.?

The floor was painted Metal Use Primer and the backrest,natural metal.The bucket seat colour is green,this is because one Mosca pilot in the Spanish Civil War recalled that the seats were unpainted and they heated under the strong summer sun.To overcome this,the seats were painted in the external colour.I did so in the kit.

Finally,the wheel wells were painted AII Blue and the holes covered with transparent plastic card,to simulate the windows.
I hope you like it,any criticism or question will be very welcomed.Thanks for looking,best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 09:04:54 AM »

Hi, Smiley
very well made, thank you for sharing the images.
Just a thing: the black wash has a bit too recognizable outline. I suggest to pass a drybrushing with the background color to soften it.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »

Massimo:

Thanks for your kinds words.I kniow what you mean about the black wash and I must say that dry brushing with the base colour is already done in the photos.I ?ve done the wash with acrilic paint,but I will try oil paints next time because Im not too satisfied with the end result.Anyway,I can assure you that once the fuselaje halves are joined,these imperfections can?t be noticed.Best regards:

Martin?
Renato71

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »

Great work marluc!
Excellent landing gear and instrument panel detail. Keep it up and this whill look quite yummie!

Cheers!

Renato
marluc

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »

Thanks Renato for your kind words,I?m try to do the best I can ,the I-16 is my favourite soviet plane.Best regards:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 07:56:35 AM »

WOW!
puts my own build to shame (almost done with the type 24)

thanks for lots of helpful hints, I may try them on my own type 10
(and then another type 10 after that)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »

Hello DGMl:

I?m glad you like it,it makes me feel good that these photos can help you.And I would like to see your Type 24 once finished.I have a Hobbycraft I-16 which I modified to Type 29,that needs to be finished and an Eduard Type 29 in the shelves.
I must say that one details I didn?t make are the grab handle holes between the paded front and the gunsight,because I was sure I?ll spoil them.Best regards:

Martin

Dark Green Man

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 08:38:58 AM »

Martin,
I know what you mean , I 'cut my teeth' on a few Hobbycraft/Academy I-16's before moving on to the Eduard offerings.
(gotta finish those one of these days)
when I finish the Eduard I-16 type 24 kit (actually building a type 28 as it has the correct spinner and a very nice set of 20mm ShVAK cannons)it is destined for the gallery at http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/

as for the grab handles...perhaps Eduard should have provided these as a photo-etched item?
(possibly having to remove or thin part of the coaming?)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »

DGM:

I started to work on the Hobbyc I-16 but decided to follow on with the Eduard because it?s more detailed.The former will be finished in the future with Eduard leftovers to improve it.I?m waiting eagerly to see your I-16,best regards:

Martin
marluc

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »

Hello:

After a long time,I?m making an update of this post to show you more progress on this I-16.

The fuselage and wings assembled:

Checking out the fitting of the elevators:

And finally,grey primer and the red for the bands applied:

Hope you like it,all kind of comments are welcomed.Greetings.

Martin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: