Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
What the...?
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 12:09:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What the...?  (Read 15929 times)
Renato71

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

Great news John Smiley
Any chance for a sample pic of decals?

btw, I've found it on Aviapress site, about the same price - 9 USD LINK
I've never ordered from them, but they did reply few times when I was nagging them? Grin

Slight OT - anybody have any idea whats thier Polikarpov I-185 like?
LINK

Cheers!

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »

Hi Renato! I could try e-mailing you a scan of the decals if you want, but it won't show much - most of the numerals are printed in white ink, on a white background!

Good luck with Aviapress - if you're lucky, you *might* get what you want, but be prepared for a very, VERY long wait - I'm sure there's a thread on this subject somewhere!

The I-185 is actually a pretty good kit - it's old, but nicely molded. It was also available many years ago with the brand name "Model Russia". And, it's the only kit of the I-185 available!

John
Renato71

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »

Thanks John,
If decals would not be visible, then maybe coloring scheme? Just to take a look Smiley

And thanks for tip onboth I-185 and Aviapress. I did not have intention to order from Aviapress - significant part of their prices are 50-100% higher then elsewhere, especially books.
There is elways e-bay? Grin

Regarding I-185, what about Eastern Express? Repack?

Cheers and thanks for infos on this kit!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:04:54 PM by Renato71 » Logged

Renato
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I built the I-185 many years ago. I thought that it was an unknown plane, but I found (later) that excellent documents are available.
I can't say that it's a good kit, but it's the only one of this beautiful plane.
It is a mix between four different prototypes that were much different each other.
If lengthened, it can resemble the I-185M82. To make the most interesting one, the etalon, one has to replace the engine cowling with one of greater diameter, and with a bit lowered axis.
Apart for this, the model is difficult to build: the opening for the engine has to be cut, the wings require a lot of filler and file work, the division between tail surfaces and elevators has to be engraved...
I suppose that all the kits are reboxing of the same one. If I am wrong, please let me know.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »

when did Maquette 'go under' ?? I didn't know.

actually I haven't shopped for that kit recently but it did go for very little when available.
as for the I-185 kit , it was originally molded by Modelist (as it says clearly on the sprue)
Squadron.com also sold that one for very little when available.(Again haven't shopped for it in a while as I acquired mine on ebay-I think!)

http://www.squadron.com/NoStock.asp?item=MQC03107
http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=KPV72025
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:10:09 AM by Dark Green Man » Logged

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Renato71

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »

Hi,
Thanks again for details on I-185 and thanks John for sending me the pics. Decals look really nice, with all that inscriptions and badges.
I will have to do a re-count of my Yak-7 kits to see if there is a room for this, or will a "make" a room Cheesy

Cheers

Renato
Dark Green Man

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »

could I also get that scan?? just out of curiosity.

Renato , are you sitting on a stash of Dakoplast Yak-7s ?
to date I have only been able to find one, and I would like to do a few more.
(Chirkov's White 14 and Golubev's White 50)
another case of lots of excellent decals with a shortage of good kits to put 'under' them.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 12:50:30 AM »

when did Maquette 'go under' ?? I didn't know.

That's per Hannants' weekly "hot news" e-mail from maybe 3 weeks ago.

could I also get that scan?? just out of curiosity.

Will do, as soon as I dig out your e-mail address. I didn't post the scans here because I haven't got around to setting myself up on an image-sharing site (Any suggestions?). You (or Renato) are welcome to post the images here, though!

Renato , are you sitting on a stash of Dakoplast Yak-7s ?
to date I have only been able to find one, and I would like to do a few more.
(Chirkov's White 14 and Golubev's White 50)
another case of lots of excellent decals with a shortage of good kits to put 'under' them.

You've already seen this, haven't you, you sly devil:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=737&pid=4018#pid4018

Excellent bargain; even with postage from Japan and import duties you're still saving plenty compared to the MSRP. NKR also still has the Valom Yak-7PVRD on sale for half price - all these kits have the same plastic in the box and can be built as a Yak-7B or Yak-7A, regardless of what type is shown in the box art; this includes the Yak-7V kit.

John
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:12:37 AM by John Thompson » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »

That's per Hannants' weekly "hot news" e-mail from maybe 3 weeks ago.

nice to know it is recent , there might still be a chance to get these decals.

Quote from: John Thompson
Will do, as soon as I dig out your e-mail address. I didn't post the scans here because I haven't got around to setting myself up on an image-sharing site (Any suggestions?). You (or Renato) are welcome to post the images here, though!

scan received. Thank you very much!
have you looked into Photobucket or Imageshak ? usually Photobucket allows you to upload/download for free and will even provide tags for forum and Internet use.

Quote from: John Thompson
You've already seen this, haven't you, you sly devil:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=737&pid=4018#pid4018

Excellent bargain; even with postage from Japan and import duties you're still saving plenty compared to the M.S.R.P.. NKR also still has the Valom Yak-7PVRD on sale for half price - all these kits have the same plastic in the box and can be built as a Yak-7B or Yak-7A, regardless of what type is shown in the box art; this includes the Yak-7V kit.

Yes I have , but they are not Dakoplast.
I think Valom over-engineered these new versions. I want to build them quickly and easily.
(lots of kits to do)

[/color]

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »

Yes I have , but they are not Dakoplast.
I think Valom over-engineered these new versions. I want to build them quickly and easily.
(lots of kits to do)

[/color]

They're not Dakoplast, but they're *the same* as Dakoplast. The main difference is that Valom have made the upper cowling a separate part, to allow the armament variations required for Yak-7A/Yak-7B/Yak-7V/Yak-7UTI. Valom have used the same masters as Dakoplast (although a few parts are molded in resin) but the arrangement of parts on the sprues is different, which shows that Valom did not use the Dako molds. If you compare the two kits side-by-side, you'll see what I mean.

John
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: