Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Some news from avalon and Czech Republic
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:47:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Some news from avalon and Czech Republic  (Read 28036 times)
avalon

Who knows...

« on: December 08, 2007, 03:02:18 AM »

Dear friends,
let me apologise myself that I was quiet for some time. We did not forget You and here we are coming with some news...

First of all - Lavochkin La-5F/FN decals in 1/72nd scale - we expect them in the half of december and we would like to distribute them in the last week of the month. A/C covered are the same as in 1/48 scale, plus "13" "Rene" of Czech pilot Kocfelda and Galchenko "black cat", see jpg... I hope there is enough "F" symbols, as somebody was asking.

Also in the printshop and hopefully before the end of the year are two sheets covering MiG - 3 early planes, in 1/48 and in 1/72 scales. Both sheets include 10 A/C, see it in 1/48 scale...

and in 1/72 scale...

We increased our cooperation with KOPRO and in coming weeks, also before the end of the year is coming the very first kit from "twins" series - Lavochkin - 5FN "Czechoslovak pilots" - box contains two aircraft with accessories - means two sets of plastic parts, resin and photoetched details. Decals are coming from avalon production, resin and etches are produced by Griffon (www.griffon.cz). Even if You get "old" plastic by KOPRO, thanks to details You are getting kit of high standard. LIMITED RUN ONLY... All resin and photoetched parts are prepared for this series only, no aftermarket. Boxart is here...

I hope, that these news are good for You. Also in 2008 year we can expect some new releases covering soviet planes, John Thompson knows a little more...

Best regs
Jan of avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:08:15 AM »

Hi Jan,  Smiley
very interesting news!
The sheet on La-5 F/FN is extremely attractive.
The sheet on MiG-3 in 1/48 looks very attractive too.
The one in 1/72 is interesting too, but only for those willing to convert a kit of late version into an early version, unless a reduction of the kit of Trumpeter will be released.
Commercially speaking, I think that a sheet including both early and late versions has more market appeal.
The box with two La-5 FNs is very interesting too. It would be nice to include pieces to convert one of them into a La-5F, not all modelers want two models of the same type in their own collection.
Massimo
Renato71

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »

"Jan of Avalon" - this title will became as important as "Karel of Bohemia" !

Man, sets are beautiful! Additions to your, already great, set for La-5 are excellent! And it looks like I'm going to wear out my exclamation mark Smiley
You may count 100% on me for everything in 72 scale, both for decals and renewed kits. Just send me the invoice Cheesy
Czech Rep is land of milk and honey for us modelers. If think there is no other country with so many fine kit, decal and pimp-up parts per capita as in your country. Mine one (Croatia) is on a lower end, you can buy only few kits, and that only in some malls (Mercator, like Tesco and such), an shelves between sousages and towels.
I've just returned from Prague, and I visited only two shops, near Flek's pub - dude, I drooled for 30 minutes before I mumbled something to the guy by the counter.

Jan of Avalon, thank you!

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:09:26 AM »

This is fantastic news!  Cheesy It would be impossible, once again, for me to say anything better than Renato has already said with such great enthusiasm - well, done, Renato, and Massimo, too! Regarding the conversion of the La-5FN to the La-5F, it would certainly be welcome if the necessary parts could be included in resin, but this doesn't appear to be a difficult modification, especially if anyone has a Cooperativa La-5 (LaG-5) to steal from.

For the conversion of the MiG-3 from late to early versions, and assuming the kit which we are discussing is the Hobby Boss kit, not the RPM one, the way the HB kit is designed does pose a bit of a problem, with its solid fuselage. Maybe the best proposal would be for Griffon to design a complete replacement of the nose section, which would be sold separately from the Avalon decals. The late MiG-3 kit nose could just be sawed off and replaced with a resin part, which would cover all of the main differences between late and early types - upper cowling details, exhausts, etc. I just hope that, if Griffon does this, *many* of us will buy the new nose to make it profitable for them. Future availabiility of the Hobby Boss kit might also be a problem (no point designing this nose replacement if the kit it's designed for can't be purchased) - I don't know how committed HB is to continuing the availability of older releases. Some of these (including the MiG-3) appear on the HobbyLink Japan site as "Discontinued", and it seems to be impossible to get any answers from Hobby Boss themselves.

Having said all that, the main problem with the RPM kit is that the nose is too long. Maybe a replacement nose for the Hobby Boss MiG-3 could also work with this kit; however, again, availability of the RPM kit itself is problematic. I wouldn't like to see Griffon create a resin conversion part that very few people would buy just because they can't get a kit to use it with. I hope this doesn't discourage Jan from releasing his MiG-3 decals in 1/72 scale!!!

Maybe the best solution is that we all send messages to Trumpeter begging for a 1/72 *early* MiG-3!  Wink

Since Jan has been kind enough to mention me, I hope this means I am not revealing any secrets by saying that the KP Il-10 and Po-2 are being seriously considered for the same treatment as the KP La-5FN, which I know will be good news to others on this forum!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »

Hi John, hi all,  Smiley

Future availabiility of the Hobby Boss kit might also be a problem (no point designing this nose replacement if the kit it's designed for can't be purchased) - I don't know how committed HB is to continuing the availability of older releases. Some of these (including the MiG-3) appear on the HobbyLink Japan site as "Discontinued", and it seems to be impossible to get any answers from Hobby Boss themselves.

What a pity! I've bought only five of them! Cry

Having said all that, the main problem with the RPM kit is that the nose is too long. Maybe a replacement nose for the Hobby Boss MiG-3 could also work with this kit; however, again, availability of the RPM kit itself is problematic. I wouldn't like to see Griffon create a resin conversion part that very few people would buy just because they can't get a kit to use it with. I hope this doesn't discourage Jan from releasing his MiG-3 decals in 1/72 scale!!!

Have you tried to adapt the canopy to the rear fuselage? It's terryble. I hope that advanced Hobbyboss canopies could help.

Maybe the best solution is that we all send messages to Trumpeter begging for a 1/72 *early* MiG-3! 

Right. Early and late, I hope.

Since Jan has been kind enough to mention me, I hope this means I am not revealing any secrets by saying that the KP Il-10 and Po-2 are being seriously considered for the same treatment as the KP La-5FN, which I know will be good news to others on this forum!
Good! But why double kits? They will be a bit difficult to be built, even with aftermarket pieces. Single kits should be better and cheaper, in my opinion.

Massimo

avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »

Hi all - just to keep you informed - we started to pack our new decals, both (or all three), we will send it to the customers at the start of January. all of You who was asking for some, we will contact via personal emails with invoicing datas etc...

KOPRO TWINS Lavochkin can be awaited in January/February, decals and instructions are ready, photoetches are ready, PUR parts are in production. Some more details - PE parts will contain instrument panel, cockpit details, carriage covers, harnesses, armour plate behind the seat, mirrors, gun breech handles and cooler grills.
PUR parts will contain seat, cockpit floor and sides, control stick.
NO ONE OF THIS PUR OR PE PARTS WILL BE AFTERMARKETED, these detail parts will be included in limited run only. KOPRO TWINS Lavochkin La-5FN is possible to order at avalon decals via e-mail at the price of producer. Feel free to ask for, remeber, that it is limited run only.

And MiG - 3 now -  versions covered are here...

boxart for 1/72 scale...

boxart for 1/48 scale...

Many thanks to Massimo for his great work on MiGs, we were using his work when creating the decals. Thank You Massimo.

What about decals for PO-2 in both scales boys? Any suggestions?

Bye for now,
Jan of avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »

Totally awesome! My credit card is READY!!!

John
Clare

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

Totally awesome! My credit card is READY!!!

John

I agree.  Where can we find Avalon Decals?  Google doesn't seem to give a good reference.

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 05:00:29 AM »

I agree. Where can we find Avalon Decals? Google doesn't seem to give a good reference.

Clare

Go here, although these newer items haven't been added to the site yet:
http://www.avalon-decals.eu/

John
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 12:25:10 PM »

Merry Xmas and all the best in 2008 year.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Greg C.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »

Really great stuff, but I am having trouble acquiring any Avalon decals!  When I try to contact you through your website, I only get an error message.

I'm dying to get ahold of the La-5F/FN sheet!  Help!

Wink
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »

Dear friends,
decals for MiG - 3 both scales and 1/72 La - 5F/FN were just released, those of You who want to buy directly from us, please send mail to info@avalon-decals.eu because I have lost all datas during PC crash, that is why I lost my emails. We will send it to You, payment is possible via credit card or paypal. Prices including postage on request.

If You have any ideas what to release in the future, if You want some decals, give us a tip... Soviet planes are not bestsellers, but sales are not so much bad.

Jan of avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »

And here - first look on the boxart of new MPM/Special Hobby 1/48 scale kit of Ilyushin IL-10/Avia B-33, due to release in February. Box with soviet cammo schemes will follow a little bit later.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »

Thanks, Jan, for the excellent news regarding the 1/72 decal sheets - I sent you two messages at the address in your post with my order!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Regarding the possibility of other decals in 1/72 scale, my first though was for the Yak-1/Yak-1b, but unfortunately we do not have a good 1/72 Yak-1b kit. The old ZTS/Mikro 72 kit was reissued a few years ago by KoPro, but it is not a very good kit, and I think not even Griffon can do enough magic with resin parts to solve the problems - but I'm willing to be proven wrong!  Wink

The best kit to provide decals for might be the ICM 1/72 I-16 series (types 18, 24, and 28). These kits are accurate and easily available, and there are lots of possible markings that could be printed. Maybe you could also consider a "package" with Griffon to make an I-16 type 5 resin conversion with decals, with a new resin cowling and a vacuformed type 5 canopy for the ICM kit. Maybe type 10, too!

The other possible kit is the Roden 1/72 LaGG-3 - again, this kit is easily available and is very accurate, and there are many possible markings and camouflage schemes.

Thanks again!

John  Cheesy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:03 AM »

Hi Jan, Smiley

Dear friends,
decals for MiG - 3 both scales and 1/72 La - 5F/FN were just released, those of You who want to buy directly from us, please send mail to info@avalon-decals.eu because I have lost all datas during PC crash, that is why I lost my emails. We will send it to You, payment is possible via credit card or paypal. Prices including postage on request.

If You have any ideas what to release in the future, if You want some decals, give us a tip... Soviet planes are not bestsellers, but sales are not so much bad.

Very interesting! Let's see to find ome ideas...

Regarding the possibility of other decals in 1/72 scale, my first though was for the Yak-1/Yak-1b, but unfortunately we do not have a good 1/72 Yak-1b kit. The old ZTS/Mikro 72 kit was reissued a few years ago by KoPro, but it is not a very good kit, and I think not even Griffon can do enough magic with resin parts to solve the problems - but I'm willing to be proven wrong! 

The best kit to provide decals for might be the ICM 1/72 I-16 series (types 18, 24, and 28). These kits are accurate and easily available, and there are lots of possible markings that could be printed. Maybe you could also consider a "package" with Griffon to make an I-16 type 5 resin conversion with decals, with a new resin cowling and a vacuformed type 5 canopy for the ICM kit. Maybe type 10, too!

The other possible kit is the Roden 1/72 LaGG-3 - again, this kit is easily available and is very accurate, and there are many possible markings and camouflage schemes.

Hi John, Smiley

About I-16 type 5/6, we have to take into account that there is already an Amodel kit available, that looks accurate and with a large decals sheet. Probably it could need for a nicer landing gear and vacuformed canopy of both types, but the conversion from ICM would require the replacing of the whole wing because it has more extended ailerons. The type 10 is more feasible from ICM, and there is no any kit of this on the market, as far as I know.
The ICM type 24 kit would require the replacing of the windshield because its angulation is not accurate.
About the LaGG-3: this looks interesting for an improved kit. I would suggest a new vacuformed canopy, a big higher than the original, and a resin ski set.

Massimo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: