Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Some news from avalon and Czech Republic
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Some news from avalon and Czech Republic  (Read 28043 times)
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »

Hmmm..., I- 16 You say, Lagg - 3, everything with Griffon resins....., sleepless nights are in front of me.... Well, I am not sure so much, but I think that AML has some decals for Lagg-3 in this scale, not sure. I - 16 looks very interesting to. There is a question, how looks like the availability of ICM kit worldwide. I have to write to Nigel Hannant and ask him for.

Well, I was very close to produce another sheets - Yak - 3, Pe - 2, Po - 2, IL - 10..., Your comments? Some of them in both scales..., some only in braille scale 1/72nd.

Back to Griffon - well, we have technology to produce very thin and clear vac canopies, maybe You know company Taurus, who is our supplier. Griffon makes excellent resin parts, using hi-tech resin and vacuum pump technology. My private opinion is, that Griffon and Aires produce the best resin parts worldwide. There is a propblem of capacity, as owner/pattern maker is working at pharmaceutical company and is very busy. Preparing the parts for KOPRO twins took him a lot of time, because being prepared only during evenings. I can ask Pavel for close cooperation, but I am afraid, that his current project (complete resin interior for Type VII U-Boot) takes him all his capacity. We will see.

Back to decal sheets - Okay, we will choose some of the types and as avalon is usually doing, we will discuss with You or some of You cammo schemes included not to make mistakes and produce decals as accurate as possible..., do You hear me Massimo?  Grin

Jan of Avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »

Hi Jan, Smiley
I've heard.
About Yak-3: this is interesting, as for decals and correction parts.  For Hasegawa the most needed pieces seem to be a better spinner and exhaust pipes, where, for the Hobby boss, we could add to this a new rudder (copied from Hasegawa) and canopy (that could be good for hasegawa too if one loves vacu); some details of cockpit and landing gear could be welcome too. No problems to find interesting profiles.
Massimo
Renato71

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »

Hi,

First of all…? 1/48 scale kit of Ilyushin IL-10? Shocked
Man, I screamed so loud my wife thought I was playing Flaming Cliffs again? Roll Eyes. I have to admit, no matter how much I admire IL2, but IL-10 if by far the one of the most graceful looking Soviet aircraft. Also, KOPRO's IL-10 was one of my first kits, built loooong time ago. I'll sell my kidney for one of those!

Some time ago I privately discussed about ideas for new decals with Jan. I wanted to explore my suggestion a bit more and to present some pics, but I was to busy for a serious approach.

However, in light of fast development of Jan's great work, I would like to give few (general) suggestions.

1 - B-25, A-20 and DC-3/Li-2 - This 2-engined beauties had quite colorful decorations.

2- Civilian marking - Letterings CCCP and other Cyrillic letters, especially in white, for civilian aircraft of Deruflot, Aeroflot and Polarnaya Aviatsiya , like Junkers F-13, Polikarpov R-5 (passenger version), Siebel S-204D (Avia C-3A), FW-200 (OK, the last two were used as a post-war loot, but still...), and many more.... There is real gap in civilian aircraft used by or created by USSR, and even if the kits are sill missing, few could be done with little conversioning effort.

3 - General support to previous suggestion by other members? Smiley

And, as addition to decals, I'm also interested into vacu nose for A-20G's and Russian-made turrets for both A-20 and DC-3.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 02:07:02 AM »

If you really want to do 1/72 decals for the I-16, it might be best to keep things simple, at least to begin with! Following Massimo's comments, the main problem with both the Amodel and ICM kits is the canopy. The ICM canopy (windscreen) is just *wrong*. The Amodel type 5/6 canopy is okay, but thick and badly molded. Therefore, one suggestion is simply to do a range of decals, create a vacuformed canopy package with (for example) 6 late windscreens for the later types (10, 18, 24, and 28), and maybe 3 full canopies for the early type (5/6), and forget the resin for now.

For the 1/72 Yak-3, Massimo has a good point - new exhausts in resin would be very helpful.

And on that subject, another group of kits to consider are the Amodel 1/72 Yak-9U/Yak-9P/Yak-3-VK-107A! These aircraft have some excellent decal sheet possibilities, but also need new resin exhaust stacks! Moskit was working on this project in metal, but nothing seems to have happened on this for about two years. Here's the Moskit home page - note the two top items under "Projects" in the left corner:
http://www.moskittech.ru/eng/glav.php
These aircraft are unusual because (as you can see) they appear to have *seven* stacks on each side, not six; however, I think the extra one on each side must be a blow-off stack for a mechanical boost-limiting device on the supercharger. As far as I know, the VK-107 was a V-12, not a V-14!? Wink There is also an excellent "walkaround" of a Yak-9U/P elsewhere on the Moskit site.

On the subject of the AML LaGG-3 decals, go here to see what's on this sheet, called "Red Devils in the LaGG-3, Part 1":
http://www.modelimex.com/detail/aml-cz/decals/1-72-decals-red-devils-in-the-laggs-3-part-i

Thanks again for considering these possibilities - I hope we will not drive you crazy with all our eager suggestions! You might not become wealthy, but you will have lots of friends!? Cheesy

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »

I would very much like to see some 1/72 Yak-3 decals, something other then Regiment Normandie.
please do not get me wrong as I have a great respect for them (one is currently living in the US!) but I get sick of seeing the same thing over and over again and again.
what we need is variety.? ? lots more soviet machines! (I would like them is 1/48 also please)
as for the Amodel Yak-9U & Yak-9P the decal choices are good it's the quality that's bad....
(okay we might as well make some changes while we are at it....)

would you consider a 1/48th scale version of sheet 7203 ?
I want to do white 40 (in partial winter distemper) using the ICM kit.

as for the U-2/Po-2 I have the excellent Gavia/Eduard kit in 1/48th and it sadly needs some interesting decals. ones that are confirmed from photographic evidence (not from profiles that are usually incorrect) and that are interpreted by experts in the field.

I also am a fan of Soviet A-20 Bostons and would like to see some 1/48th scale decals for these.
Soviet turrets for these would be a modeler's delight !
(I don't have enough references to make my own)

the Pe-2 in both 1/72 and 1/48 is another area of 'same old-same old' decals over and over again.
(another area where insufficient research has lead to some boring decal options)
of course, the usual culprit here is wrong camoflage colors and patterns.

one other thing I would really like to see is better and more interesting decals (in both 1/72 and 1/48) for the IL-2 Shturmovik.
the Smer and Dakoplast kits are excellent kits plagued by insufficient decal options.
in particular the Dakoplast two-seater should come with 10 decal options ,after all with 36,136 planes produced I am sure there is no shortage of interesting machines.

another possibility is the ICM Su-2 , another fine kit with really boring decal options.
(the AML sheet does the M-88B and M-82 powered machines ,not the M-88 version that is in the kit.)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 09:02:51 AM »

To Dark Green Man: Well, MiG - 3 decals in 1/48 scale are just printed, see "MILITARY A/C 1/48" on our web site www.avalon-decals.eu , this week it is under process of packaging and in few days it will be available from sellers. We were discussing this distempered winter cammo of "white 40" with Massimo, if it is early or late type plane, in the end, as there is no photo of the nose we considered that it depends on you. Massimo thinks it is late because of the fact other planes of the regiment were late types.

Petlyakov - 2 - if You have any ideas, photos profiles comments, send me an e-mail, we are company driven by modelers producing for modelers, that is why we are not keeping our future products in secret as others do...
Jan of Avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »

I agree completely with DGM - some Yak-3's in something other than Normandie Regiment markings would be good. I've noticed the same thing - many 1/72 kits and existing decal sheets already include these aircraft, and "standard" Yak-3's would be more useful.

Yes, decals for the Il-2! With clear instructions as to what wing type, etc.! (We want *everything*, don't we!  Wink )

Re the AML decals for the Su-2, this is kind of an odd situation - as DGM implies, you have to buy the resin conversions in order to use the AML decals for the M-82 and M-88B versions!

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »

sorry about that Jan, I must have missed it.
I will look around for some interesting Pe-2's on my HD and in books and magazines.
would you be interested in some stuff on the Il-2 ?? I have LOTS of that? Grin

as John says Yes! we want it all especially for the Il-2? ?(greedy,greedy,greedy)

it also occurs to me I'd like to do a Yak-9U and Yak-9P in 1/48th scale without paying $100.00 for it!
does anyone have the email address for South Front?
maybe we could convince them to do an inexpensive injection-molded kit .

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »

Hi John, Smiley

If you really want to do 1/72 decals for the I-16, it might be best to keep things simple, at least to begin with! Following Massimo's comments, the main problem with both the Amodel and ICM kits is the canopy. The ICM canopy (windscreen) is just *wrong*. The Amodel type 5/6 canopy is okay, but thick and badly molded. Therefore, one suggestion is simply to do a range of decals, create a vacuformed canopy package with (for example) 6 late windscreens for the later types (10, 18, 24, and 28), and maybe 3 full canopies for the early type (5/6), and forget the resin for now.

I would add windscreens for the two seater too.

For the 1/72 Yak-3, Massimo has a good point - new exhausts in resin would be very helpful.And on that subject, another group of kits to consider are the Amodel 1/72 Yak-9U/Yak-9P/Yak-3-VK-107A! These aircraft have some excellent decal sheet possibilities, but also need new resin exhaust stacks! Moskit was working on this project in metal, but nothing seems to have happened on this for about two years. Here's the Moskit home page - note the two top items under "Projects" in the left corner:
http://www.moskittech.ru/eng/glav.php
These aircraft are unusual because (as you can see) they appear to have *seven* stacks on each side, not six; however, I think the extra one on each side must be a blow-off stack for a mechanical boost-limiting device on the supercharger. As far as I know, the VK-107 was a V-12, not a V-14!? ?There is also an excellent "walkaround" of a Yak-9U/P elsewhere on the Moskit site.

They could be welcome, but the originals are not so horrible. The first stack should be nearly completely hidden by the front fairing.
What is this strange stack? I suppose that it's the outlet for an intercooler whose intake is over the nose. I've read two further hypothesis too, that were referring to inlet/outlet valves, but I was not fully convinced. Some photos of the engine are available, thanks to Christian; I'll upload them soon on the Yak-3vk107 page, maybe they could make things clear.
About decals of Yak-3vk-107: all the photos are referred to two-three prototypes without codes. They should have built 50 of them, but none photo is available, unfortunately.

hi DGM,
another possibility is the ICM Su-2 , another fine kit with really boring decal options.
(the AML sheet does the M-88B and M-82 powered machines ,not the M-88 version that is in the kit.)
to tell the truth, I researched for photos of Su-2, but nothing particularly attractive, relative to the version of the kit, came under my eyes.

Massimo

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:03:32 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »

To all from Canada and United States - avalon is very close to finish agreement with Flight Decs, Canada, about carrying our range of military A/C decals. So also for You living "over the ocean" there will be much more easier to buy our decals.

Other countries covered - GB - Hannants, Finland - Martti Kuivalainen, Italy - Misterkit, Rest of the world - Modelimex.com, also retail.

If You have contacts with some hobby shops in Your please let me know. It will be very helpful.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Dark Green Man

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 07:22:49 AM »

Thank You , Jan
here are a few suggestions ;
http://www.squadron.com/
http://www.greatmodels.com/
if not then I can order them from Flightdecs.
I would prefer a USA distributer, but Canada is not that far away.

Massimo,
we all have different ideas on what is attractive.
I will admit that with so few planes built that there is not a large photographic record from which to choose.
the other question is : why didn't ICM include the M-88B and M-82 parts for this plane and then the decals would not be an issue.

avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 10:27:14 AM »

Ha all, I would like to express our thanks to everybody of You, who sent me references, pictures and profiles of the aiircraft they want to included on decal sheets by avalon. All this help is welcomed.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »

Hi Jan, Smiley
I've sent to you photos and profiles of two silver/red Yak-3s.
Did you receive them?
Massimo
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »

Thanks to DGM and Massimo, all arrived OK, now "under testing".....

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 10:40:26 PM »

A suggested "bonus" for the sheet of 1/72 red stars in various types you're considering - how about adding some Yak fuel gauges? Go here for details:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/Yakovlev/FuelGauges/index.php

Thanks for considering it!

John
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: