Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Some news from avalon and Czech Republic
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Some news from avalon and Czech Republic  (Read 28039 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »

Here are two images from the IPMS Deutschland site, taken at the Nuremberg 2008 trade fair, showing Jan's "KoPro Twins" 1/72 La-5FN kit:
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2008/slides/Kopro_72_La-5FN_01.html
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2008/slides/Kopro_72_La-5FN_02.html

John
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:04:05 AM by John Thompson » Logged
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »

As decals for MiG - 3 in both scales are ready, packed and next week we will start distribution, let me show you one picture of "blue 9". Make the cammo is realy a hard days night.... Decals are of course avalon, kit is Trumpeter.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »

Hi, Smiley
Beautiful model. Would you publish some photos on the MiG-3 page?
By the way, for an eventual future sheet on MiG-3, I would suggest the MiG-3s of 148 IAP.
According to recent interpretations, it looks that they have "za stalina" on one side and "za rodinu" on the other side, and unusual camos on white background.
I'll modify my profiles of them according to this interpretation.
Massimo
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »

Dear Massimo, thanks for Your compliment on MiG - 3... Smiley Actally it is not mine one, it was built by Mr. Petr Vacek, who is our "test shot" builder. And thanks to the fact it was built with some EDUARD add ons, which he got from MODELAR magazine, it can not be published before it will be published in the magazine. Of course, later You will get these photos to place them on the web. You must wait a little bit. Later it is not a problem.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 09:31:45 PM »

OK. No hurry. My compliments to the modeler. Smiley
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »

Jan,
I hate to do this in a public forum but my attempt to return your email with corrections has failed.
the mail was returned with some kind of message about the "domain no longer active"
could you look into this and find another way to re-establish connection so I can continue to help you with Yak-3 decals?

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

To DGM, as we faced some mailing probs - I have got Your comments, thanks. My answer is in Your mailbox, I hope. I am working very hard to present You some surprises...

Jan of Avalon

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Dark Green Man

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 06:46:18 AM »

I have checked several times...no reply.
what do you suppose is the problem ?

[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »

To DGM - Trying again, from my personal mailbox. Please check if my address is not on Your spam list - it can be generated automatically without notice... I will ask my IT friends. Anyway no problem, I am working on another schemes. Please try to find me smth on this year Academy new kit in 1/72..., ruours says that it is Accurate molds...

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 01:58:52 AM »

As there is a lot of decal sheets full of swastikas in various shapes, we decided to fill another gap on the market and our next release are two decal sheets with Red Stars - Part 1 includes stars without and with black outline, as a bonus there are "GUARDIA" badges in three sizes and kill markings in three variants. Part two includes the stars with white, yellow and white-red outline, with bonus - RED FLAG badge in three sizes, kill markings are again included.

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »

Nice!
I suggest to make sheets of white numbers of different sizes and shapes. Unfortunately the shape for Soviet planes is not standardized, at least in the early part of GPW, but such sheets should be extremely cheap, being in one color, so one can include many ones in a pack.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 06:02:57 AM »

Jan,
those look excellent !
you are right ; it is a definite 'hole' in the market.
(Eagle strike did an excellent quality set of decals but unfortunately wasted half of it with those stupid silver stars...and no yellow-bordered ones either.)
{again, another battle being waged in the 'two-front color war'}

p.s. Jan, still no email. Huh?

avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »

to DGM - I just made another try to contact You via e-mail, pls let me know...

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
Apex1701

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 11:43:06 PM »

Jan,

how about plain victory stars without the white background.
To my eyes we see more of these kind of stars than with the white background.

All the best.

Jean
mbittner

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 04:15:02 AM »

Jan,

I too have been trying to contact you via email to no avail.  Maybe the same problem?

An alternate email address you can use is tbittners(at)cox.net.

Thanks.

Matt Bittner
Software Engineer/Assistant Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: