Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2 photos
Sovietwarplanes
April 28, 2024, 11:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2 photos  (Read 21335 times)
KL

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »

Demarcation lines between camouflage colours should be something like this:

Higher rezolution photo at http://waralbum.ru/31631/

Cheers,
KL
learstang

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »

Why is there so little contrast between the colours?  Film used, photograph fading, colour fading, lighting conditions...?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »

A combination of factors:
- Bright sunlight - photo was taken mid-day
- Photo is underexposed - there is more contrast between grass and dirt under the wings, in the shade
- Photographer probably used yellow filter to accentuate clouds
- Matt (flat) paints, only minimal reflections are visible
- AMT-1 looks dirty/stained, AMT-12 looks chalked/faded
learstang

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »

Thank you, Konstantin!  That all makes sense.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »

Oleg/Massimo,
.... Any additional info about the photo:  who, when, where?  What unit?  Who took the photo?  any other photos from the series???

Ups! I didn't check begining of this thread - Oleg answered those questions 5 years ago...
Of course I know...
872 ShAP 13th VA, Eastern Prussia, 1945. Airplane of HSU Fedyakov, who is just leaving cockpit after 150th combat mission. Did it help a bit?

Some amuzing posts there at the page 1 - "South Front Scheme", "the navy was known for using uncommon coloration", "AII Green/Dark Green scheme was painted only on single-seat aircraft at the factory"...  Grin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »

Hi all,
I can try to complete and improve this image.
I suspect to have to reject the idea that the dark grey appears darker than all the other colors in photos, it looks quicker to fade.
About the black boots, I've taken the darkness of those of the photo, only adding a color. I see that they don't look black, but they don't look so on the bw photo either, and I am not sure it's a good thing to alter the original darkness. Perhaps they were of some color other than black, maybe some brown.
About the 'puzzle', it looks that only one factory (possibly z.1) interpretated the right wing of the template in that way, possibly using masks, while other shturmoviks made by other factories had straighter and more longitudinal demarcations on wings.
Regards
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

I've seen brown and more grayer then usual black boots in the army - if boots were leather (as they should be for the officer) they must be black. And they seem to be gloss - white line of reflection proves it. But there were boots made of (i have no idea how it is called in english, so I'll name it in russian spelling) Kirza and Canvas. Kirza - artificial leather, sometimes it may look like asphalt, if not looked after properly. Canvas boots were more common with privates and seargeants, and they may look greenish.
P.S. Why there is no possibility to directly download photos to the site? It could have helped a lot and save lots of trouble. If only I had such a possibility...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »

Hi Oleg,
you mean, upload image files directly on the forum? John Myers disactivated this possibilty a lot of years ago to save space of memory. I'll ask him how we are with memory availability now.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »

Optional interpretation:

-Starboard wing camouflaged in scheme 1 attached to centroplan/fuselage camouflaged in scheme 2  Smiley

This would be very close to Massimo's original interpretation...  but colours, especially green AMT-4 should be changed...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: