Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
TP-39 page uploaded
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:03:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TP-39 page uploaded  (Read 7490 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: May 01, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

Hi,  Smiley
I've uploaded a small page on two-seater P-39, both US and Soviet, and on the model of Plator Kalakulla.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »

Thanks a lot Massimo,excellent article.I like this kind of aircraft conversions.Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:01 AM »

Thank you Martin.  Smiley
I know that the page is somewhat incomplete and some doubts aren't resolved, but it collects all that I've found on this subject. I hope to find informations to improve it in the future.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

Massimo:

You made a very good research work and I hope you can impove in the future,but I think this will be hard.I have an special interest in the two seater conversions of soviet and lend-lease planes and I?ve found very little of this subject.I have two models under construction of this kind,a Spitfire and a Hurricane and besides one or two photos,no more details surfaced.At least for me,it?s a very interesting subject.
I like the photo of the two seater P-63 (I?ve never seen it before),I?m tempted to convert the MPM kit.Best regards:

Martin 
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:05 PM »

Hi Martin, Smiley
I have some further images on the two-seater P-63, this part can be extended.
This conversion requires the complete thermoforming of the canopy, I don't think that it's possible to adapt existing ones, also because it has to fit with the rear part that remains unchanged.
Are you working on two seater Spitfires and Hurricanes? Could you send some photos of the work, please?
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »

Hello Massimo:

You?re right,the greatest task to convert the MPM P-63 would be to vacuform/thermoform the canopy to the right shape without scale planes.And add this to a kit that is no so good.
I?ll send you photos of the Spitfire and Hurricane,but they are still on the assembly stage.Beste regards:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 06:34:15 AM »

the photo on the bottom of page 69 of Red Stars 1 (hardcover) shows a TP-39F as can be distinguished by it's 12-stack exhaust manifold.
(didn't someone send a scan of this?)

and on page 80 of Red Stars 4 there are three TP-63's
42-69304 (P-63A-8-BE)
42-70503 (P-63A-10-BE)
43-11334 (P-63C-5-BE)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 08:25:26 AM »

Hi,
thank you, but the same scan is already on the page, under the part on P-39 UTI. I suppose that this is a Soviet-made conversion, based on a P-39F.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 05:23:58 PM »

Yes , I realized my mistake after posting it.
after making the post I went to your page and gave it a much longer look-around than I did the first time.
so my error was looking at the web-page too quickly the first time around.

I'm not much into the P-63 but I think AJ Press did a monograph on that plane, too.
there might be drawings there of the TP-63.
[edit] Ah! found one for you Marluc !

http://wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/28/Draw/09.jpg
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:15:10 PM by Dark Green Man » Logged

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: