Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Another MiG-3...
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 12:51:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another MiG-3...  (Read 4952 times)
Greg C.

« on: January 14, 2008, 02:09:31 AM »

This is ICM's kit, with the Cutting Edge interior, and Fusion prop/spinner

It was rather inspired by White 64, as rendered on Page 78 of Soviet Airforce Fighter Colors.? An actual photo of the aircraft can of course be found on page 88.? I ran out of patience trying to duplicate the numerals "64", so I took the easy way out, and used what to my eye was a very similar number 31 from an Aeromaster I-16 sheet, IIRC.

It represents a field applicaiton of AII dark and light greens over AII blue.? In addition to the aftermarket cockpit set, I "dressed-up" the radio st with some wiring based on photos and drawings from a variety of sources.? The exhausts are the kit parts, hollowed-out, dipped in liquid cement, and coated with baking soda to give them a more appropriate texture.? I also added the inert gas extractor on the left side, and the landing light recieved an MV Lens of appropriate size.? The antenna is my wife's hair, please don't tell her!? Weathering consists of the usual paint chipping, a light application of very shear wash to the panel lines, and chalk pastels.? Personally, I don't like heavily weathered aircraft all that much, so I kept it fairly light.? I can see from the pics though that I need to do more to the landing gear!

I'll be starting on the Trumpeter early version sometime soon, anyone have a spare Cutting Edge cockpit set?!
marluc

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »

Hello Greg C:

Congratulations,you made a wonderful job.It?s very well detailed and painted,I like what you did with the exhausts.Did you replace the ailerons,elevators and rudder with aftermarket items? Being the ICM kit,the surface detail on these parts,don?t look so prominent.Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »

Hi Greg,  Smiley
it's a good work. Eventually, could I include your photos on the MiG-3 page at the next update?
Massimo
Greg C.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »

Massimo - I would be honored!
I've been a regular visitor to your site for years, and an admirer of your work.  If you'd like more pics, let me know.

Martin -
Thanks, I appreciate it.  The control surfaces are the kit parts, I just sanded them down to the point where they are much more subtle.

The MiG-3 has always been a favorite of mine.  With some of the new marking options becoming available, I may be building a few more!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »

Hi Greg, Smiley
if you would write a brief text and add some images, those that you prefer, I can add them to a small page on it.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: