Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
A-model 1/72 Yak-9P
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 06:29:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A-model 1/72 Yak-9P  (Read 5801 times)
Airserbijanac

« on: January 30, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »

Hi all,
yesterday I became the proud owner of the mentioned Yak-9P. I still found no time to compare it with the photos and drawings, but the kit is the same as A-model Yak-3 VK107, as I can see. Can anyone give the more info on the kit, as I found excellent review of Yak-3 107 at Sovietwarplanes, but nothing on the Yak-9P, although they seem quite alike?

Thanx,
Igor
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »

Hi, Smiley
if I remember well, many sprues are identical. The wings and landing gear should be different.
Massimo
Airserbijanac

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:27:11 PM »

Hi Massimo,
Maybe the wings and landing gear sprues are different, as I examined both kits separately, the looked similar to me, I was possibly wrong.,, thanx for pointing that out. Any info on the accuracy?
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »

the Yak-3 has a wingspan of 9.2 meters and the Yak-9P has a wingspan of (depending on sources) 9.6 to 9.77 meters.
also the Yak-3 has the same style of landing gear as the Yak-1/Yak-1b.
the Yak-7 and Yak-9 branches of the family have a different style of landing gear.
(look closely at the assembly instructions and painting/decaling guide)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Airserbijanac

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »

Thanx DGM, my bad, wings are different, i compared the kits and the differences are obvious.  Undecided
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »

now the important thing is not to mix up the parts for the kits.  Grin

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: