Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Osprey
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Osprey  (Read 8643 times)
certainreasons
« on: November 30, 2005, 04:56:12 AM »

Hi, is anyone going to review/provide errata for the Osprey Yak book?

Regards
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:06:33 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've the book, but at present time I have not competence enough on the subject to criticize it. The impression is good. I'll ask other people.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

I also have it.

what are you looking for exactly ?

or are you asking if it is worth spending money on?

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:17:28 AM »

Hii!!
Hi, is anyone going to review/provide errata for the Osprey Yak book?Regards

I have no (at least yet) that book in my collection, not like gentlemen here  Grin But I have been disscusing about it with the other fellas who has it and has compitence on the subject and it was disscused on Russian forum.
In general the same serias book on Lavochkin aces is much better than Yak one. The Yak book contains lots of errors and in first place should be mentioned the profiles of a/c. The reson is very simple - most of the profiles is the copy from the russian  "Yak book" by Stankov with it's own mistakes.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 09:09:38 PM »

Hi, Smiley
is there a list of detected errors and corrections somewhere? It would be interesting to collect such observations.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 02:30:25 AM »

"most of the profiles is the copy from the russian  "Yak book" by Stankov with it's own mistakes."

oh you noticed that too !

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
M_Bykov

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 08:01:22 AM »

Hi Pals!

Sadly, I haven't enough free time now to make that 'list of detected errors' in those colour profiles... Maybe later. In general only can say that after average but nice looking book about 'Lavochkins', the 'Yak aces' book  by the same author was a great disappointment for me   Shocked Undecided  Angry
certainreasons
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 10:43:56 PM »

Thanks to all who replied. Hopefully someone will be able to catalog the 'detected errors', until then we can always post questions about specific aircraft here on the forum. Regards!
Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 02:14:37 AM »

gimme a couple of days and I will make a list of profiles from the book.

unfortunately I do not have photos of all of them.

I will tell you what I can.

Dark Green Man

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »

I have photos of profiles numbered  :
1,4,5,8,9,11,12,13,15,16,17*,18,22,23,25,27,28,29,30,32,33,37,38 & 39

do any of these aircraft interest you ?
"The Russians are Here" part 1 and 2 offer corrected decals and profiles for some of these.
AML decals also has a very good set for Vetrov,Denchik and both of Stepanenko's machines as depicted in this book.

* several aircraft in this squadron had very similar markings , some had numbers and some did not.
decals for three of these machines come in the ICM Yak-7A kit (48-031)
I have a scan of that decal sheet if you are interested.

han9

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »

Not new but certainly interesting.

A detailed review of Bf 109E/F vs Yak-1/7 Eastern Front 1941 – 42 Osprey Duel 65 by Khazanov, Dmitriy & Medved, Aleksander

https://juhansotahistoriasivut.weebly.com/my-blog/khazanov-dmitriy-medved-aleksander-bf-109ef-vs-yak-17-eastern-front-1941-42-osprey-duel-65
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »

Hi,
the reviewer is right about a limit of the book: Yaks were not the only soviet fighter planes at that time (1941-42), while Me-109s were nearly the only fighters on the German side (apart the wider Me-110). So, some numeric comparisons can be misleading.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: