Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
WANTED
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:47:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED  (Read 11134 times)
Ioaea

« on: January 07, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »

Aftermarket items for a Polikarpov R-1 (DH9A) -spoked wheels, cockpit detailing etc. Or links to same.

Any ANT vacforms (ANT 25 in particular)

Thanks!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 05:50:40 AM »

Hi Ioaea, Smiley
I think to have seen an injection kit of ANT-25 many years ago. Are you interested in vacuforms only?
Massimo
Ioaea

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:32:01 AM »

Hi Ioaea, Smiley
I think to have seen an injection kit of ANT-25 many years ago. Are you interested in vacuforms only?
Massimo

Hello, Massimo.

Any ANT-25 will do. The images of this beautiful aircraft on the Hobbyvista VVS site got me hooked immediately. In short, a vacuform version will do very nicely in the absence of an injection molded. Alas, they are all elusive but on the very top of my 'must have' list.

Cheers.

----------

Also looking for a halfway decent 72nd Yak 7 UTI (or base Yak 7 for modification)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:27:25 PM by Ioaea » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 10:36:01 PM »

Have you seen this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6032633535&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&rd=1

I am not familiar with this kit but it is in 1/72nd scale
the only other 1/72 scale Yak-7 that is worth buying is the DAKOPLAST ... that is if you can find it.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 11:40:51 PM »

Hi Smiley
There is a vacuformed canopy for Yak-7 UTI in the set of Falcon Clearvac on Soviet planes. It is to make a conversion on Yak-1 base, but it should be good for Dako too.
Massimo
Ioaea

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 08:38:54 PM »

Aha!

Ebay     Item number: 6045589551

Wish me luck, my friends...

*chews fingernails*
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:11:58 PM »

Happy luck Smiley
Massimo
Ioaea

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:30:28 PM »

Happy luck Smiley
Massimo

Thanks, Massimo.

By the power of remorseless Ebay addiction, success is ours, comrades!

Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 12:49:18 AM »

let me know if you want the vacuum-formed Yak-7

I have done business with that buyer and SHE is good
since it is here in the States it is easy for me to get

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Ioaea

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 12:59:24 AM »

Excellent, although after the ANT 25 expenses, it'll be gruel for me for a few weeks. Imitation, mind, not real gruel.

(Whlst poking around for ANT 25 sources I came across this -and if you enjoy your conspiracy theories, you may be interested in it.

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/rstofame.html

Interesting to note the commentary about 'poor workmanship' of the aircraft by US officials. Perhaps they were referring to the Junkers-like corrugation which for aerodynamic's sake was covered in some kind of prepared cloth, a material which might well have suffered during a long cold flight. Interesting article -see what you think)

Thank you very much, DGM -sounds good.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:28:44 AM by Ioaea » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 06:59:59 AM »

hi Ioaea, Smiley
you found it! The same model that I left some years ago in a dusty shop! It remained there unsold for years, then, when I knew who Chkalow was and started to think to it, it was as far as a child's recall! Shocked
How is the kit?
Massimo
Ioaea

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 12:49:48 PM »

hi Ioaea, Smiley
you found it! The same model that I left some years ago in a dusty shop! It remained there unsold for years, then, when I knew who Chkalow was and started to think to it, it was as far as a child's recall! Shocked
How is the kit?
Massimo

Wow. Incredible, Massimo...

As for the kit, the ebay winning price was eventually rather expensive. The postage more so, making it the most expensive purchase in my somewhat large collection of soviet aircraft. It hasn't arrived just yet but you can be sure that this is the one which will have every attention lavished upon it. I'll open the engine up some, and so on, give it some TLC.

Really very pleased : )
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:55:43 PM by Ioaea » Logged
lancemaria

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »

Aha!

Ebay     Item number: 6045589551

Wish me luck, my friends...

*chews fingernails*
Hey, great tips!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: