Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/72 MiG-3 from Trumpeter
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:41:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/72 MiG-3 from Trumpeter  (Read 49339 times)
Honza Jezl

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »

Well, the kit is finished. It took little longer than I expected, but the result is quite satisfying. Actually at the last round of Czech modelling league during last weekend I took with this kit first place in so called "standard kit" category.

The gunsight is made from scratch:

And couple of pictures of finished kit:

I know, that there are still couple of errors, but...the result as whole is OK  Wink
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:52 PM »

Great! It looks nearly a model in bigger scale! Shocked
Can I use text and some images to insert this model in the MiG-3 page, please?
Massimo Smiley
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »

I'm stuck for words - this is a masterpiece! Brilliant work, Mr Jezl! The image of the gunsight is amazing - how do you do it?! Yes, please can we have some kind of an article for Massimo's MiG-3 pages? I've been printing and saving your images and comments as the thread progressed, but having it all organized off the forum would be an excellent resource. Not that I could ever build something like this myself, but it's very inspiring to see it. The award you received was well deserved, and the Czechs must be the world's best modelbuilders!

John Thompson
Honza Jezl

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »

Hello,

first of all thanks for compliments. Roll Eyes Second, thank for your great help - without that help this kit would never be what it is today.

Now to the article - getting little complicated here. Of course, all what is already published here can be used without problems including pictures. But today contacted me editor of one Czech modelling magazine to write an article about this build. So until this article will be published, I will probably not write anything else on internet (but to be honest - there is not a lot to be added to the stuff already written here Wink
On the other hand - can I use all those hints which were given to me here, Massimo (and others)? Of course, if yes, I will mention the name as well this web page (the link will be there anyway, because this webpage was in fact the first impulse to MiG-3 and not being Hobby Boss out there, I would build RPM instead anyway Grin)

Well, the question about gunsight. As I don't plan to go into such details in the article, here is the answer:
1) Base of the gunsight is from square profile from evergreen. I cut the needle (used by doctors for vaccination-I have various diameters) cleaned and sanded its edges to be sharp. With this I pressed circle into the profile. Then I cut the profile of.
2) Long rod from stretched sprue was glued under the body
3) Side circle is cut of stretched sprue of circular diameter. It took me about three trials to get circle good enough. Again glued on the body
4) In the centre of the circle I glued small rod cut of the stretched sprue. On its end I put small drop of thick humbrol enamel colour.
5) The square thing in front of gunsight (will be painted brown) is cut of evergreen profile again.
And that's it  Wink

Jan
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »

Hi, Smiley
Honza, all things that you've already written here should be more than sufficient. When I'll update the MiG-3 page, I can use this for two subpages: review of Hobbyboss and report on your own model.
Do you need any image from the site to improve your article?
Massimo
Honza Jezl

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2006, 11:58:51 PM »

Hi again,

thank you very much. If it will be possible to use some pictures, it will be more than fantastic - to say the truth i didn't expected this offer  Roll Eyes I just started preparing what to put into the article and what not, so I am not sure at the moment, what would be helpful. Perhaps photo of camouflage and details showing some changes on the kit. Will let you know and ask later. Once more - thank you a lot

Jan
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2006, 07:21:42 PM »

You're welcome. Smiley
Massimo
Evzen Vsetecka

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »

Honzo beautiful MiG !!
Massimo nice co - operation  Cheesy

Ev?en
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »

Really! Smiley
Massimo
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

Well done. It doesn't look like 1/72 scale!
Libor Jekl

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 08:33:10 AM »

Hi all!

If you don't mine, I will add couple of pictures too...? Smiley Just working on this little gem, adding few items from the Part etched set, plus some scratchbuilding. I'm going to model this plane http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/white54.html . I very appreciate that book by Massimo, it is very helpful!? Cool

Bye for now,
Libor

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »

As usual, Libor, your modelbuilding astounds me! On the other hand, I might never try to build another model again...  Wink

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2007, 07:05:32 AM »

Hi, Smiley
great model! I hope to see it completed soon!
I would suggest to make the headrest thinner on its back.
When/if i'll build this model, I think to delete the headrest and the back cushion, and to make an armoured backrest with thin plasticard on which to insert the head cushion of the kit.
Massimo
Libor Jekl

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Yes, you are right, the headrest is pretty thick. I will follow they way you've suggested at my next Mig-3 kits, this one has the cockpit already painted and I'm lazy to rework it.
Over the weekend I plan to spray the camo, just thinking whether to use the sand or light grey color...

Hey John? Smiley

comm on, don't blame me on? Grin (LOL)! Actually, this one is 'almost' perfect job for you - excellent references available, no cutting or filling needed, just add here and there few pieces of plastic and that's all, don't you think?? Cool
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:40:19 PM by Libor Jekl » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »

Cheesy Yes, just that, and building the world's tiniest superdetailed gun sight! Ah, you crazy guys!!!  Wink

John
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: