Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS inprint: New or coming soon
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 07:22:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS inprint: New or coming soon  (Read 61365 times)
Audrius

« on: February 06, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »

hello,
I thought it would be useful to share the news about the printed materials on VVS that are just issued or are about to come.
Please shear the information.

The topic will start Li-2:
    RED STAR 27: LISUNOV LI-2

RED STAR 27: LISUNOV LI-2
Author(s): Yefim Gordon & Dmitriy Komissarov
ISBN: 1857802284
CODE: P02284MP
   ?19.99    

description

When they bought a manufacturing licence for the DC-3 in 1936, the Soviet aircraft industry?s decision makers had no way of knowing the place the Douglas airliner would come to occupy in aviation?s hall of fame. Yet, even less did they know of the part the Soviet spin-off would play in the nation?s aviation history. Suitably adapted to make use of Russian engines and structural materials, the DC-3 entered production as the PS-84; and gradually the design drifted further apart from the US original. In 1941 production was moved from Moscow to Tashkent to escape the advancing German troops and the aircraft was redesignated Li-2. The Li-2 served an innumerable multitude of tasks, including the night bomber role during the war and flights in support of Soviet polar research in the post-war years. This addition to the ever-popular ?Red Star? series describes all known versions of the PS-84/Li-2 and gives operational details as it explores what is probably the least-known aspect of the history of one of the world?s best-known airliners. Four pages of line drawings are included.

BIBLIOGRAPHIC DETAILS

ISBN: 185780228-4
Size: 280 x 215 mm
Format: 128 pages, Softback
Illustrations: 235 b/w photographs, plus 12 pages of colour

COMING SOON!!
http://www.ianallanpublishing.com

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:56:29 AM »

Good idea. Smiley
Something on what is published on magazines could be interesting too.
Thanks for sharing
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

hello again
in this thread for sure should be mentioned the upcoming in the spring of 2006 the 3rd part of BCRS - Black Cross Red Star: Air War Over the Eastern Front.

Definitely one of the valuable series of the books dealing with history of VVS.
Worth to start collect a funds for it  Grin

more info at: http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/bc-rs/

BR Audrius
-----------------------------------
05Jul2006
hello!
a short update - on the printer site (eagle editon) is announced release of the book for August 2006. So, quite soon Smiley

BR Audrius
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:31:58 AM by Audrius » Logged
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »

here is one more to come at the end of this year, i.e. October 2006 as announced at amazon.com
From Osprey publishing house - Soviet Lend-Lease Fighter Aces of World War 2 sieres of Aircraft of the Aces.

I could not find any info on the subject on the Osprey official homesite.
But let's hope it will come and will be a nice source of information on the lend-lease within VVS.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:09 PM »

well, it seems that for this year Xtmas there are many printed material that any aviation amateur would wish to get  Grin

It seems that a bunch of famous Russian historians are working in hand to release in December 2006 the book: Le Petlyakov Pe-2

Le Petlyakov Pe-2
(friday 01 december 2006)
Par Dmitriy Khazanov, Vladimir Kotelnikov, Alexander Medved
Collection Profils Avions n? 14

The Petlyakov Pe-2 was the best and most famous Soviet bomber of WW2. Three Russian authors gathered their archives to write this book which contains many photos and colour profiles as well as scale drawings. English captions.
Format : A4
Pages number : 200
Pictures number : 0
Language : Fran?ais
Colour profile : 0

Price : 50.00 ?

Prix sp?cial : 45 ?

More info at: http://www.avionsbateaux.com/en/

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »

Hi, Smiley
should anyone be interested in a modellistic article on Su-33 Sea Flanker, there is an excellent one on Replic n.173.
It has a good walkaround, particularly on bended wings and armament.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 08:13:12 AM »

I see a review of a Finnish booklet about Soviet fighters  in Finnish service: LaGG-3, I-16, I-16UTI, I-153 and I-15bis.
According to the review, it is published by Suomen Kari Stenman Publishing, its format is 176x250 mm, 96 pages, 90 photos, 9 color profiles, drawings in 1/72, Finnish and English text.
It looks interesting. Shocked
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:20:10 AM »

Another review found on Replic:
Polikarpov Po-2 of Grzegorz Szymanowski, Kagero, English-Polish text, 44 pages, 175 colour photos of restored planes forthemost a wide walkaround of the plane preserved in Krakov museum, 1 decals sheet for reproducing it in 1/72 and 1/48.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »

I see a review of a Finnish booklet about Soviet fighters  in Finnish service: LaGG-3, I-16, I-16UTI, I-153 and I-15bis.
It looks interesting. Shocked

I own that one. It is a nice addition to anyones collection, with nice photos. But if ones is owning the old edition of the same title, I would not reccomened too much spending funds on the new one. Just few pictures are new in the new edition.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 11:27:32 PM »

Another review found on Replic:Polikarpov Po-2 of Grzegorz Szymanowski, Kagero, English-Polish text, 44 pages, 175 colour photos of restored planes forthemost a wide walkaround of the plane preserved in Krakov museum, 1 decals sheet for reproducing it in 1/72 and 1/48.Massimo

I guess you mean this one:
I have no it, but from my friend have heard that this reference on Po-2 is very valuable.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
it's impossible to surprise you on this field!
Do you know if the booklet has more images of LG-2 other than the ones on LaGG-3 in action, please? They both are from the right side, no help to draw an upper or left view. I hope to restart the work on Lavochkins.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

Hi. Smiley
I see two interesting titles on a catalogue:
Batailles aeriennes n.32: La guerre d'hiver 1939-1940: Staline attaque la Finlandie
Batailles aeriennes n.33: Barbarossa: la rue? vers ce sud, premiere partie.
I think that I'll buy them.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »

Great news friends!!!

Just released by MBI new print on Lavochkin La-5 by Milos. Known already by issue on La-7.

The description placed on www.modelimex.com
The La-5 monography complete covers development, production problems and versions in many details. Text is accompanied by unusual photo collection, most of photos are published for the first time. Paragraph dealing with service wits Soviet VVS contains also several tables with high score air aces, table with units fighting with La-5 fighter and also production quantity and looses.
Special long paragraph is dedicated also to sole foreign user - Czechoslovak services (because not only Air Force was an user, but also Security unit etc.). This paragraph also describe fighting of the Czechoslovak pilots with Red Army, including action on Slovakia territory during Slovak uprising in 1944. All accompanied by lot of photos, mostly unknown or with unexact captions.
For modelers is ready large collection of colour schemes, marking and colour reconstruction of the La-5F cockpit (very similar to La-5FN for which kit is existing - KOPRO 1/72).
End of the book is dedicated to detailed technical description with lot of details - structural and real details like undercarriage, radio equipment, rare photo of gun installation, engine etc.

The book is only one, which covers completely all versions of the La-5 in such scale.
Naturaly, FOUR pages of excellent scale drawings will show La-5 in new light (they are done from three dimensional computer model) and we hope, that some model producer will do some new finaly good model in some larger scale.

La-5 book specification:
- 127 photos
- 77 line drawings
- cockpits and instrument panels for La-5F and La-5FN with key
- 4 pages of excellent drawings done from 3D model !!
- colour artwork of La-5 cockpit
- about 50 colour side views and smaller details (aces, standard colour schemes, Czechoslovak La-5s)

Total: 108 pages
Counted weight is 440 g.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 09:41:28 PM »

Great! Smiley
On the cover, I see a La-5 with white bands. I had some images of it on a video, but the resolution was unsufficient for any use.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 02:08:47 PM »

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen!  Cheesy
It is a pleasure for all of you here to announce that finally we can look at the cover page of the long expected work by known master on Mikoyan creatures Mig-1/Mig-3 - Massimo Tessitori!!!!  Grin
Here you are his book to be published (hopefully soon   Wink):

You even can pre-order it on amazon.uk (but not yet on amazon.com )
Thanks to Lumbajack for information on the subject, though I kept an eye on amazon.com  and could not find it  Grin

Nice work Massimo!!! and....keep going  Wink

BR Audrius
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: