Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS inprint: New or coming soon
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 06:52:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS inprint: New or coming soon  (Read 61364 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 11:27:51 PM »

Whow Shocked
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 08:19:19 AM »

Audrius, I'm beginning to thing you run a bookstore or library or something!   Tongue
Audrius

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 09:35:54 AM »

hello,
for anyone who is interested in VVS history and especially those who have a particular interest on Yakovlev planes i GPW, this book should be on the target! Perhaps you have mentioned the announce of it on some other boards, but let me here introduce the forthcoming book on history of 812 IAP of 3 IAK.  The formation famous of it's distinguish coat on the cowling of Yaks' - star incorporated into the birds wing.
Title of the book: Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP by Vladislav Antipov & Igor Utkin.

Nevertheless it was announced to be published in summer 2005, it was not due to certain reasons. But the authors confirmed that the project is not halted and soon should appear. Keep in mind that this is only 1st part of the unit history. There is almost prepared already a 2nd one, waiting the first one to be published.

FYI the samples from the book provided by authors:

This is the first case when the whole book is dedicated to the unit's history Let's hope that it will be a good example to expand the reseach field.
Keep in touch for upcoming news  Grin
BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 10:44:09 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
that sounds interesting. Have you any idea of the price?
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »

hello,
a new contribution to the history of famous French regiment in VVS -  Normandie-Niemen.
Just released
French Eagles,Soviet Heroes: The Normandie-Niemen Squadrons on the Eastern Front

Format: Hardbound
Pages: 288
Length: 6.1200000000000001w x 9.25h
ISBN: 0750940743
Catalog ID: 140171AE

more on http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_18997.ncm

BR Audrius

Audrius

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »

hello dear book-readers!  Grin

There is one more addtion to your collection. Brochure on Er-2 in series Typy broni Nr.217

Nevertheless it was published in last year but due to appeared not long ago model of this a/c from A-model it's worth to remind about it.

Description by ianallan.com:
Monograph covering this Soviet bomber. 15 colour profiles. Colour 5-view. Diagrams. Variant drawings. 42 b/w photos. Polish text. 32 pages. Softback

Looking to hear if anyone had luck to hold in hands.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »

Hi,

Nevertheless the 3rd volume of Black cross Red star is announced to be published and be available on May/June 2006, the next volume Nr.4 is already announced in this serie!!! The title for it: Stalingrad:  Air Bridge Destroyed It will be available in Fall  this year. Keep watching!!  Grin
On Eagles Edition both of them could be preordered.  http://www.eagle-editions.com/BCRS4.htm

Happy reading!

BR Audrius
Ioaea

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »

A Mig 1/3 book....It had to come sooner or later...

Mr. Massimo -congratulations --I'll be sure to order a copy for my I-200.

: )

Incidentally, not new at all (but very very old) is this thing I found and ordered. Anyone read, loathed or loved it?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:13:29 PM by Ioaea » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 09:55:53 PM »

Hi Ioaea, Smiley
please keep us informed when you'll receive this book.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 10:49:08 PM »

I would also be interestede in your impressions of that book.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Audrius

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 10:50:19 PM »

hi Io
i have never had this book in my hands and see for the 1st time, so be kind and let us know what you found in it after you get it.
On the cover page we have Yak-9D (some says it's 9DD) from 236 IAD in Bari field. But others says it's in Ukraine fields during the Frantic operation (Note B-17 in the background).
As well a white wing tip of Yaks

BR Audrius
Ioaea

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 01:04:29 AM »

There's a whole slew of VVS stuff out there on ebay just now. Some published in 1943...

On your marks, get set.....

Go.

(sorry to derail your thread, people. These are old books)
Ioaea

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »

I would also be interestede in your impressions of that book.

Will do....

Another book I'd like to 'review' is something I bore you with constantly, DGM, but I'd like to present a review for our forum pals to read up on as well.

A S Yakovlev's 'Aim of a Lifetime'.

After reading it for the third time, more and more I become fascinated in what he does not write. I've submitted a brief review for Amazon today -but would like to share my impressions here if that's acceptable.

Regards,

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

There's a whole slew of VVS stuff out there on ebay just now. Some published in 1943...
Hi, Ioaea, Smiley
could you give the links please?
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:39 PM »

hello friends,
after some silence period there are some news for readers!  Grin

The French magazine BATAILLES AERIENNES issue 24: April/May/June 2006 is dedicated to GPW period for Sevastopol.

The description from Ian Allan site:
This French-language quarterly records particular aspects of aviation history in great depth with several articles on the same theme in each quarterly issue. This issue covers Sebastopol. Colour profiles. 72 pages. A4 softback

More to know about the Mig-3 white1 depicted on the cover you can on Massimo page going to: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/white1bis.html

Happy reading,
Audrius
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: