Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS inprint: New or coming soon
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 02:37:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS inprint: New or coming soon  (Read 61362 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2006, 04:06:05 PM »

Hi, Smiley
about this book, there is no any citation of AII colors. The thesis seems that AII green and 4B0 are the very same color, as for AII light blue etc. If I remember well, this is coherent with what is written on http://plasticmodel.ru/?page=paints&factory=akan&akangroup=enamel&lang=e.
Are AII colors citated in sources different that the one we know?
By the way, the book claims that those color schemes were previously unpublished. But I have the first series of them in a Russian magazine, I think of late '90s, in my library.
What is the thing of the 1948 NKVD book?

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2007, 10:19:01 PM »

Hi John, Smiley
if I remember well, you wrote to know the author of this book, Jiri Hornat. Are you in contact with him in some way?
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2007, 02:55:20 AM »

Hi John, Smiley
if I remember well, you wrote to know the author of this book, Jiri Hornat. Are you in contact with him in some way?
Massimo

Hi Massimo; no, I am not so lucky as to know Mr. Hornat. My only familiarity with him is because I have a copy of a magazine article from about 1985 which he wrote, which included the VVS camouflage templates as in his recent book, "Colours of the Falcons". I don't have any contact with him, unfortunately.

John Thompson
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2007, 10:10:09 PM »

Thank you John Smiley
Audrius

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2007, 07:44:15 PM »

hello dear VVS readers!
It was quite long period without any news in this topic and personally from me in this board. Sorry for any delay!  Wink

Let's renew a topic with not enough fresh print but quite vital for VVS reader.
Not long ago the publication dedicated to P-39 Airacobra in VVS service was published.

"Aerokobry nad Kubanyu (Airacobras over Kuban)" by V.Roman aka Romanenko, who is known already by his previous publication as well dealing with P-39 in VVS.
The last his publication is dedicated to P-39 series K,L and M.
It's a softbounded issue with 96 pages. printed in Ukraine,2006. Russian text. ISBN 0-9780696-0-9
Contains detailed drawings, color profiles and pictures.

It covers the design of P-39 particularly K,L and M, service of them in VVS regiments.
Highly recommended to every VVS-man Smiley

There is a nice book review by A. Ruchkovsky on "Modelling the VVS" : http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/Bell/P-39/BookReviews/AiracobraKuban/ruchkovsky_review.php

Happy reading,
Audrius
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:14:30 PM by Audrius » Logged
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2007, 02:22:07 AM »

Hi there
I owe this book and I can recommend it. Together with the fist book from this author's series "Aerkobry wsupayut w boi" it gives a good deal of information abotu the early P-39 in Soviet Union up to the and of summer 1943. I hope Mr. Romanienko will continue his work and one day the story of P-39 will be published - but it should be much thicker Wink.
Audrius

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »

hello dear readers!

this time an announcement for already printed book (4000 psc.) that was long awaited.
I am talking about the book which has no any competitor among printed materials. This is a compilation of huge research work done by already know for most of you fellas - M.Bykov and Co, who has spent several years analyzing historical records in Russian archives (mainly TsAMO) related to VVS fighters' scores (except Navy) with 10 and more victories on the account. This work is done in Russian.
It contains more than 1200 records for those fighter pilots who has scored more than 10 victories.

So here it is:
M. Bykov
Asy Velikoi Otechestvennoi. Samye rezultativnye liotchiki 1941-1945 (Aces of GPW.Most scored pilots 1941-1945)
Hardcover, 736p. 60x90/16
ISBN   978-5-699-20526-4

Cover page:

Many suprising news you will discover reading this fundamental issue! The VVS history is going to be changed..... Smiley

Entry on every pilot contains the list of regiments he has served within VVS and what aircrafts used. As well a list of awards.
There is given a list of all victories confirmed by archival documents.Every victory is provided with date, place and type of a/c downed.

Due to huge amount of data compiled there was quite hard (almost impossible) to avoid mistakes.
So, here http://avia-hobby.ru/publ/sovaces/errata1.html is website dedicated to Errata of the book. So if you have noticed as well that contains errors please record on that site.

There is going a work on the addition to this book that will contain VVS Navy pilots records.

BR Audrius

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:35:47 AM by Audrius » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
thank you for the review.
Is it written in Russian only?
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »

yep Massimo,
the original is in Russian just.

But for those who wants to have a score-book of aces it's no problem I think. After you have understand the way the information is provided you can read this book and get usefull info. Anyway number (of score) is same in all languages (almost!) Smiley

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »

hello board,
this time a notice regarding not-long ago printed book on our famous Mig-3 by D.Hazanov and A.Medved. Actually this is the second edition of the first edition of the book already known to you:

The reprint is presented in the changed layout with the following cover:

it contains 110 p. size-170?(215-260). ISBN 978-5-699-20443-4
language - Russian

As to the difference between those two books: I have not read it cearfuly all the long, but after re-listing I didn't notice changes in the text. The layout of it is changed nothing else. There are some new pictures in it as well as color profiles provided by M.Bykov.

For me personally the old edition is more lovely despite the cover looks better of the second one. So if anybody doubts if it is necessary to obtain a second edition already having the first one, I would advise to think about it. Personally me  - I would not go for it, unless you want to have just for your collection. Smiley If you don't have none of them, then this is *must* to have as a Mig-3 fan! Smiley

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2007, 10:17:45 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
some new photos? Anything that I should see?
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
some new photos? Anything that I should see?
Massimo

hi Massimo,
I have checked both books and should say there is no additional pictures worth to mention  in the reprint.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

hello dear VVS readers Smiley

In Russian was printed a magazine from sierie "Aviakolektsiya" (Aviacollection) nr.3 2007 dedicated to light bomber B-22 (Yak-2/4)

it contains text in Russian provided with pictures and some sketches along with color prifiles.
Recommended who has an interest in this nice VVS a/c.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »

hello again
for those who like first VVS jets, this book is recomended:

By Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov) in series Red Star under Nr.30
"RED STAR 30: Soviet Rocket Fighters"

Issue data:
idland Publishing
Yefim Gordon & Dmitriy Komissarov
ISBN-13/EAN: 9781857802450
ISBN-10: 1857802454
Code: A02450MP
Size: 280 x 215 mm
Format: 128pp, Softback
Illustrations: c150 b/w and colour photographs, plus line drawings

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
I got one from Viktor. A very good reference indeed. Pity for the text that I can't read.
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: