Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS inprint: New or coming soon
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 12:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS inprint: New or coming soon  (Read 61361 times)
Audrius

« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2007, 07:50:28 AM »

hi board!
 A new reading is comming to you!
This time :

FROM BARBAROSSA TO ODESSA: The Luftwaffe Strikes South-East June to October 1941 Pt.1 The Air Battle for Bessarabia 23 June - 3 August 1941
(D. Karlenko, D. Bernad and J.L.Roba)

ISBN-13/EAN: 9781903223772
ISBN-10: 1903223776
Code: A02733

Published by Ian Allan publishing and reviewed by it:
"First of two volumes on the air combat that took place on the southern flank of the Eastern Front following Operation Barbarossa. This volume covers the occupation of Bessarabia and southwest Ukraine and concludes when the regional capital, Odessa, was captured by the Germans on 16 October 1941. c150 b/w and colour photos. 96 pages. Softback."

Please review it anyone who gets first to read it.

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »

hello
one of the authors of the book mentioned above  (FROM BARBAROSSA TO ODESSA)has provided sample pages from the book.
Please use a link: http://vif2ne.ru/nvi/forum/files/Karlenko/(070704174722)_Pages_53-69_(July).pdf
Taken from AIF forum.

Thanks for providing the samples.

BR Audrius
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:52 PM »

So here it is:
M. Bykov
Asy Velikoi Otechestvennoi. Samye rezultativnye liotchiki 1941-1945 (Aces of GPW.Most scored pilots 1941-1945)
Hardcover, 736p. 60x90/16
ISBN   978-5-699-20526-4

Cover page:
Entry on every pilot contains the list of regiments he has served within VVS and what aircrafts used. As well a list of awards.
There is given a list of all victories confirmed by archival documents.Every victory is provided with date, place and type of a/c downed.
Hi there - I've recently bought this book in Ukraine (Lviv). It looks nice. Very nice. Next step wanted - verification of confirmed by Soviet officials claimed kills Wink.
I've also gained another book from this series (Stalin's Falcons) "100 Stalin's Falcons"  - it's a publication of collection of combat reports of 100 HSUs from GPW compiled in 1947.
Audrius

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

hello dear readers,
after some pause I would like to introduce a new book for your reading. The author of this book is famous by his series of books dedicated to recollections of GPW participants. With this announcement I want to thank to the author for a many information he provided and keeps doing that which was/is used for this our site.
Here it comes:

Artem Drabkin  ?Barbarossa and the retreat to Moscow? Recollections of a fighter pilots on the Eastern front from a series of The Red Air Force at War.

Text in English.
More data on the book will come.

Description:
The onset of war in the summer of 1941 was a disaster for the Soviet Air Force. In a few weeks, faced by the onslaught of the Luftwaffe, most of the Soviet frontline aircraft were destroyed, and the casualty rate among the pilots was cripplingly high. Yet the surviving few gained precious battle experience and they formed the core of the fighter force that turned the tables on the Germans and eventually won air superiority over the Eastern Front. Many of the Soviet pilots who started the war at the western borders of the USSR are still alive today and in this book they vividly recall the air battles of 60 years ago.      In their memoirs they recollect the chaos of the first moments of war ? the nightmare of retreat and the overwhelming numerical and technological superiority of the Luftwaffe which wiped out fresh Soviet squadrons in days. But they also remember how their battle experience rapidly grew and how, with modern warplanes and new pilots, they confronted the Luftwaffe and reversed the course of the war in the air. Looking back, they relive the terrifying dogfights they took part in, the exhilaration of shooting down an enemy, and the shock and bitterness of losing a friend. 

Most of the fighter pilots who contributed to this book were shot down at least once. Some were taken prisoner, escaped and joined partisans fighting behind the German lines. Some of these men were aces, with many victories to their names, and others were ordinary pilots. But they all have remarkable stories to tell.

I don't have this book yet. But judging from his previous books I happened to read I am pretty sure that this one is brilliant reading on  our beloved topic. Recommended! Smiley

BR Audrius

FPSOlkor

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »

It's ? HuhHuh ?? HuhHuhHuh?? in english. Quite good read...
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »

Sorry but something is wrong with coding of my web viewer and I can see only strange fonts in your post FPSOlkor.
Did you mean "Ya dralsya na istribilielye" by Drabkin from series "Ya pomnyu"? Beocuse I owe the original Russian version so it's useless to buy another one Wink.
Regards.
Dark Green Man

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »

I had that same problem until I went up to my settings and changed it to 'Windows Cyrillic'
and that cured the problem.(standard English text was also visible)
if you are using a Mac then I don't know how to help you.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Audrius

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2007, 08:22:03 PM »

hello,
browsing at amazon.com I have encountered a new book by Osprey which is announced to be in the beginning of 2008

Il-2 Shturmovik Guards unit of World War 2 by Oleg Rastrenin

Product data by amazon.com

Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Osprey Publishing (February 19, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1846032962
ISBN-13: 978-1846032967

The cover:

Oleg Rastrenin is known by his publication on Il-2 in Russian already. His work is highly valuated. So it gives a hint that the book combining Oleg's knowledge on the subject along with Osprey publishing quality , gonna be a hi-end publication!

Happy reading,
BR Audrius

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: