Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig3 ailerons
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig3 ailerons  (Read 4651 times)
Lumbajack
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

Hi all!

I'm looking at various drawings and pictures of the MIG3 and they all show that the ailerons are split in two parts.
What is the reason for this and does anybody know how they operated?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:49:59 PM »

Hi Lumbajack, Smiley
I've seen your post with a lot of delay.
There is an actioning mechanism in corresponance of the hinge between the aileron's sections.
I suppose that they were made so to avoid problems with bending or thermic dilatation.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »

hello,
Massimo is right- it's splited into 2 halfs in order to avoid jaming due to overload (bending) in the flight.
BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:25:11 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
I suppose you found it on the book "Istrebitel MiG-3".
Could you have a look to see if there is written something on modifies to tail plans, please? Something about the fact that larger elevators were experienced in March 1941 or introduced in late type MiG-3? I have a text of Arsenyev but it looks not 100% clear.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: