Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MIG3 Ailerons
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:17:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: MIG3 Ailerons  (Read 20970 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 11:26:26 PM »

Whow. I see the cover for the first time! Shocked
Probably the white plane will be redrawn with a small ski on the tail wheel. It lloks to be one of two planes photographed with such device.
About plates: the plates on the inner section of wing are forthemost not removable.
Audrius, I'll use your sketch of Dzus lock. Thank you.
Lumberjack, I will see your master with great interest.
Massimo Smiley
Lumbajack
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:15 AM »

Hi Massimo!

There is also a picture of the cover on your publishers website. Smiley

The issue about removable panels is all about what fasteners is used on the perimeter of every specific panel.
That way I can determine what scale detail I have to use on that panel when I don't have access to a photo of that particular area.
I can use the drawing and based on what panel "type" it is go for the most probable fastener type.
Hatches and removable panels are a great asset as it enables a "scale" access to internal components, such as servos, linkage etc.

About the inner sections of the wing. It looks as if the area behind the retracts is "detachable". The criss cross pattern of rivets is the flush type I guess, and there is either Phillips or Dzus fasteners on its perimeter. Thoughts anyone?

I can start the plug (master) at any time actually but I will first try to make a 3D-model of it and plan the layout. How many parts it will consist of , the number of hatches, how many parts the cowling will be....decisions, decisions Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

Hi, Smiley
all that sounds interesting. Will you even reproduce the original locks by screws?
3D drawings? With possibility of rendering?
The panels behind the gear bays are really removable, probably to give access to the fuel tanks. Perhaps they were removable too.
Massimo
Lumbajack
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »

Hi  Smiley

Everything about hatches and panels for the scale-model is undecided as yet.
It all depends on what layout the equipment will have on the final product. Where the servos will go, radio equipment, linkage etc.
I will of course use the original hatches wherever possible. How I will do that exactly is yet to be seen.
This is where the 3-D and 2-D drawings and models come in. I have to learn how to use the software properly too.
I don't know how detailed the 3-D model will be. If I can produce a nice model you can render it any way you like.

You can actually get mini Dzus locks. I still think they are a bit big. Ordinary screws looks somewhat like Dzus locks so it will not be a big problem.
Some will have a function but most will be for scale detail.
One of my goals for the model will be to make the structure a little untraditional in RC therms. Maybe a bit more like the real thing. We'll see Wink

Olav
Audrius

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »

Hello,

> I can start the plug (master) at any time actually but I will first try to make a 3D-model of it and plan the layout.

Are going to make something similar to this 3D-model of D520: http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=1&lang=english

If anyone could produce such model it would be wonderful!  Grin

BR Audrius
Lumbajack
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 09:28:03 AM »

Shocked careful Audrius....I choked on my coffee here Grin

I have ambitions but this is something else...my gawd! That's a a 3D model of "museum" quality.
When I said "a bit more like the real thing" I didn't mean the complete structure Grin
If your at this level you can make money from your 3D-models.

But wonderful...deffinitely Cool
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »

Wonderful.  Shocked
You can make a book with these images and few text more!

Massimo
Lumbajack
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »

Massimo....how about that book of yours? Is it available by now? It's been on pre-order on Amazon like forever now and I can't figure out if Amazon has forgotten all about my order or not.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I think that it will be released in late September. The redactor hoped to end it at the first days of the month, but I had to check the drawings made by their artist, and a new source for photos has emerged during August.
Massimo
Lumbajack
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »

Nice! I don't mind waiting as long as I know whats going on. Come to think of it...I'we developed my patience to a new level over the last years. It's all a part of getting older I guess. Wink
As long as the 'delays' improves the product, it all worth it Grin
Looking forward to lay may hands on this book. The Mig-3 is rapidly becoming an all time favourite WWII fighter.
I'm becoming more and more fond of the Russian line of historic aircrafts. I not sure what it is but maby it's the ruggedness that is evident right to this day.
A ferfect example is the Mig-29 and the Su-27. They have the same 'spirit' as they're ww2 predeseccors.
I don't know if you know what I mean....any thoughts? Smiley
...I'll start looking in my mailbox i late september then... Grin
Lumbajack
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 08:41:41 AM »

Got my copy of the new Mig1/3 book from Amazon.uk this weekend Grin
It's been a long wait but very much worth it. It's great.
Tank you very much Massimo!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 09:46:17 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I'm glad that you like it.
Massimo
Lumbajack
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »

I love it. I've seen many of the pictures before on your excelent site but it is something special about a print.
...and that's from a webdesigner mind you...Grin
It's a nice addition to my growing "library".
Do you know of any good war-stories or pilot reports about the MIG3? Books in english preferably...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »

Hi, Smiley
the best one is an interview to a pilot of 122 IAP, Rybalko.
http://www.sovietwarplanes.com/Rybalko.htm
Then I know that Pokryshkin wrote something, but not in English.
Massimo
jkiker

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 04:19:05 AM »

Hi all,

I will post a couple of pictures of my 1/48 scale Trumpeter kit in early stage in the modeling section, but this thread goes to a question I have on the early version MiG-3's.  I understand that the cowling detachment, exhaust shrouds, and some panel lines were different on the early versus the late versions.  What is not clear to me from the pictures is, does the early version cowling attach and detach using the Dzus-type fasteners, or are they just screwed on?  I mean the two upper side panels (not top center), where the side panels run along at the top of the exhaust opening, then down and forward from the front end of the exhausts.  Thanks in advance for more intormation!

Cheers, Jim
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: