Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Photo test
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:20:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo test  (Read 10469 times)
Clare

« on: October 03, 2005, 02:57:04 AM »

Just a quick test to see how the photo process works.  Here is my latest model.  It is crude but adds a Chato to my collection.

This was done to see if I can get a photo inside the text.  I will try another one using upload.

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
Clare

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:58:05 AM »

It seems to have worked.  This was the Pavla kit with the kit decals.

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:28:07 PM »

It functions! Shocked
How did you to this? Please let me know the procedure to insert photos in the text.
The model is not bad at all. It is nice.
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 08:56:41 PM »

Clarence and Massimo, were you uploading images to the board/site, or linking to another place for the images?? Just curious since the browser said they were sovietwarplanes.com files, but this may not be the case.? Massimo and I will obviously use our own site for images.? But if anyone using the board can load pictures up and store them in our server, then we could possibly use up our space for the site with pictures posted to the board.? If other sites can't support this, I don't see how we can for very long.? I will need to make sure that people posting photos are linking to an image stored on a photo storage server like Photo Bucket.?

Speaking of which, Massimo - I need to make you an administrator.? I have some time right now to play with this, but that is always changing with me.

In the meantime, here is my own image test.? It is the project I have been trying to finish for several months now.? It's the 1/72 Revell Germany Arado Ar240C-2 built strictly OOB, except for the decals which were ruined after 10 years in the box.? Not my best work, and definitely not Soviet, but I have a photo handy, so . . .

I hope you like it.? I also hope the images appear between the text to make Massimo jealous!? ?Grin? My next victim is the 1/48 Eduard Yak-3.? It already shares the bench with the Arado.

JP
Clare

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 11:18:58 PM »

Massimo, JP,

My first photo was previously uploaded to my web site on the internet.  I then used the "Insert Image" button, the second button from the left on the bottom row.  It printed the proper opening and closing code for an image.  Each is enclosed in square brackets.  I then typed the address of the photo on my own web site between the two codes.  I hope that this is understandable.

The second photo was uploaded using the "Additional Options"
Huh??

I can't find the upload function now!!!  Plus is my second photo missing???

Strange - Sorry Massimo.  I thought that I could clear this up for you but I am now confused.  In any case, if you have another web site that you can use as a base, you can upload photos any place in your message using the Insert Image button.

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
JP
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »

Clearly, we still have a few things to learn.? I still see your second image.? Not sure why I do and you don't.? I think I closed the option to upload, but I didn't alter any files already uploaded, so the folder with your second image in still on the server for the board.

As far as placement of the image, you are correct Clare.? Just mash the "insert image", and you get this:

[ i m g ] [ / i m g ]

Then just type the location of the image in between, and it should load as code and display as an image.? Like this:

[ i m g ] f i l e? l o c a t i o n? h e r e [ / i m g ]

JP
Clare

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 03:12:09 AM »

Hi JP,

Yes, it appears that you closed the upload function.  I still don't see it.

Regarding the second image, I can see it when I am viewing the messages.  However, when I am typing something in the reply box and I scroll down to review the messages, only my first photo shows.  Both of your show up.  Very strange.

clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 07:24:20 AM »

Yes, the upload command is disappeared from the menu!
I think that we should give the possibility to upload images for some time, let's say a week. Many people likes forum as a way to exchange images. Isn't there an automatic function allowing to delete images stored before a date?

An administrator? Well, I'm not enthusiast, but I understand that you could be absents for some time, so...please let me know what and how I have to do.

By the way, your Arado is a beautiful model. I have one kit of the other variant. I will build it, but I see that the instructions on colors are not coherent, two planes of the same unit are in two different color combinations. I think simply that they didn't find sure informations on how to interpretate bw photos. Who knows if anyone knows the information for sure?

Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 08:07:14 PM »

I'm sure you won't have any problem with administrator, Massimo.

As as for the Revell Ar240 kit . . . it is older, like the one I posted.  Back when these kits were made, Revell of Germany used their very own color system which did not relate to RLM or any other official color system.  I think this was a game to sell Revell paints to people who did not know better.  More recent kits feature actual color references according to historic aircraft type.  With my Ar240, I simply applied correct colors and a scheme that was used on other operational night fighters from that time.  If you want, I can help you find out what colors to use on yours.  It is not unusual that two aircraft from the same unit had different colors.  This sometimes happened in German units, especially towards the end of the war.
Clare

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 11:14:59 PM »

I see that we have 5 members now.  I would expect more to have signed up.  This is much easier and responsive than the Yahoo Group area.

JP, The Arado is coming along very nice.  Great job on the antenna and the camo pattern.  Waiting to see the final version.

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
JP
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 11:13:16 PM »

I can't wait to have it done and finally do something RUSSIAN!!  My next five kits in the line-up are all Russian WWII fighters.  Don't have a pecking order yet.  No matter, gotta finish the Arado.  I'm a one project at a time kind of modeler.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »

Hi, I'm embarassed with the idea to be a forum administrator. Undecided It wil be too easy to make comparison with other sites and obtain wrong conclusions. Besides I don't like all these stars near my name. If you want, I can make a second subscription with another name  Cool and use this possibility only in case of your prolonged absence.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: