Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Need info on flight insruments
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need info on flight insruments  (Read 5663 times)
CJBaker

« on: February 12, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »

Hi,
I create instrument panels for the flight sim European Air War, and I am currently working on several Russian aircraft, the I-153 Chaika and the Yak-1 in particular. I have lots of photos of both, but I am having trouble identifying the specific instruments. Does anyone have a labeled drawing or photo of either of these aircraft instrument panels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CJ Baker
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:49:50 PM »

Hi, Smiley
could commented images of MiG-3 be useful?
Maybe you can recognize instruments.
Please, have a look at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/yuri-rr/instruments-panel.htm.
If you need,I have a commented bw drawing of Yak-9M, if you want I can scan and upload it.
Massimo
CJBaker

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »

Massimo,
Thanks for the quick response! The link you sent will be very useful indeed. I haven't compared side by side, but it looks to me like the gauges are the same. This seems to be true with most air forces, generally speaking. I've fixed several P-39 and P-63 panels, and also an I-16, but this one will be from scratch with the correct gauges.

If you have a view of the Yak-9M, I wuld be most grateful. I will be working with the Yak series next.

Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated.

CJ Baker
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 07:43:23 PM »

Hi, Smiley
here are the images, from the book of Leipnik.
Massimo

CJBaker

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »

Massimo,
Thanks for the info, this will be extremely helpful! I have only recently developed an interest in Soviet aircraft of World War II, and I'm sorry to say my refernces are not in keeping with the rest of my library. I will post some screenshots of the cockpits I create and add you to the credits in the readme file. This looks to be an interesting forum; I'll try not to be a stranger!

Thanks again for the help!

CJ
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 09:29:21 PM »

Hi CJ, Smiley
You're welcome. I am sure that you will give good contributions. I will be happy to see your screeenshots.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 03:27:07 AM »

Hello,
since this forum CANNOT upload images I have posted the image you need at one of the other forum's that I belong to.

http://www.airwarfareforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=28957

I hope this answers all your questions.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: