Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pe-8 by A-model
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pe-8 by A-model  (Read 12185 times)
Audrius

« on: February 20, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »

hello!
there is an information that A-model is working on the new kit of Pe-8 to be injected. Even you could find this news on the Hannants site as " Future releases".

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:01:44 PM »

Beautiful plane! Amodel is great!!! ; Cheesy
Massimo
Ioaea

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »

I think we should all buy shares in Amodel -they sure come up with the goods. After my ICM I-16 disaster, I've reverted to all Amodels for sheer relaxation value. The Pe-8 will be something to look forward to, indeed. Thanks for the info, Audrius.
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »

If to be more spesific -what happened with you or your I-16 model?
Perhaps as you noted already my post on board regarding this model, I have some wishes to build. Thus such your notes makes me worry!  Grin

BR Audrius
Ioaea

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »

Well...

I shall probably have a trauma merely recalling the process, but here goes...

All went reasonably well until the STUPID wings, which, it is said, follow the natural panelling of the I-16 represented in thie model, decided that they weren't going to fit at all, either in depth or height. I think the fuselage touched with 1 millimetre's contact on both wings. It'd take a whole tub of superglue and Squadron white to fill the gaps, and that's BEFORE you sand the blasted thing down to profile AND achieve the correct dihedral. Then there's that stubby fillet between rudder, tailplane and fuselage which was designed by a sociopath. Nice engine though --except the pushrods don't connect where they are supposed to do.

I'd advise patience here at this point. Unfortunately, I don't have any at all.  Angry

Edit: And if anyone feels they wish to be spiteful about the ICM I-16 windshield -go right ahead, no complaints here.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:03:05 PM by Ioaea » Logged
Michael_XIII

Bad Russian Boy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »

Inbox Pe-8 pictures http://scalemodels.ru/news/491.hml
Warning - russian text ahead
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »

Amodel is certainly a big favourite of mine because of their VVS orientation, although they did drop the ball on that La-5FN by just reissuing the old KP kit. Not the worst kit in the world, but a brand new one would have been much, much better - maybe AML will come to the rescue!  Wink

Re the ICM I-16, I actually completed one of these (that happens every 5 years or so!), and although it's a gorgeous kit, the way it's designed is a bit overly-complicated, and, yes, getting the wings assembled neatly takes a lot of very careful study of how the parts fit together, and a LOT of dry-fitting! And as was mentioned, the canopy is not accurate - I used one from a Hasegawa I-16. I then started converting another ICM I-16 to a type 5, but that only got so far before it joined the (rather large) "Unfinished" pile...

John Thompson
Dark Green Man

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 01:17:14 AM »

that certainly looks like one impressive kit !

there was a nice review of the Eduard I-16 there too !

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:14:18 AM »

Then there's that stubby fillet between rudder, tailplane and fuselage which was designed by a sociopath.

At the risk of continuing the hijacking of the Pe-8 thread with ICM I-16 chatter, the second time I built (okay, started) this kit, I found an easier way to deal with this odd little cone-shaped piece that Ioaea refers to. The problem, for anyone not familiar with the kit, is that the rudder and elevators interfere with filling and sanding this piece if you assemble everything in the order described in the kit instructions (why the fuselage halves weren't just extended full length, I have no idea. This was one of the things I was thinking of when I said the kit was overly-complicated). Anyway, if memory serves correctly, the better way is:
(1) Assemble the fuselage halves, but *do not* add the rudder and elevators.
(Edited Mar.30) - I forgot something - the stabilizers! These can be added now, because they don't interfere much with the sanding of the tail cone, or they can be cut apart and installed in their appropriate slots after the cone is finished. Sorry - I should have had the kit in front of me before I posted yesterday!
(2) Add the cone piece and fill/sand it. Make sure you keep the hole on each side clear - in the original instructions, the shaft between the two elevators is supposed to be trapped there when you add the cone (which makes sanding the cone joint difficult, as I said).
(3) After the cone is blended in properly, add the rudder (IIRC, there's a pin at the bottom which can just be cut off).
(4) Cut the two elevators apart at the midpoint of the connecting shaft.
(5) Insert the pin that remains on each elevator into the holes I mentioned, and glue and position the elevators, being careful to give them both the appropriate angle of "droop" which all I-16s seemed to have when parked on the ground.

A bit on the long-winded side, but it's easy to do, and I hope this helps anyone else who wants to have a go at this pretty little kit!

John Thompson
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:38:09 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Evzen Vsetecka

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »

Very interesting
http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2408&mode=thread&order=0
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »

Hi, Smiley
from the photos, the kit looks with ASh-82 radials, but predisposed for a future release of an AM-35-engined plane.
I wonder if the junction on the wing will be easy to be filled without deleting a lot of panel lines. Undecided
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »

Hi,
a nice topic on this model
http://karopka.ru/community/user/13619/?p=2&MODEL=261248&PAGEN_1=3#cmtlist
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 01:23:41 AM »

That modeller did a brilliant job on that Pe-8.  I have the Zvezda kit with the AM-35 engines.  Beautifully-moulded kit, but I haven't gotten the nerve up to attempt anything so big.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: