Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 colorized image
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 colorized image  (Read 6232 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: February 27, 2006, 10:16:30 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I'm working on a colorized image for the site and monograph. Please have a look. Is it all well in your opinion?

Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:47:08 PM »

hi Massimo
nice work done!!
I suppose the underside blue should be lighter.
As well if you can please increase tranparency of the canopies on all Migs , except Nr.02

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:23 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
how is your PC now?
Increase trasparency... you mean, to reduce the bluish shade?
On the original color image on the back cover of Barbarossa Victims, I see that the trasparent panel is strongly bluish. At least, the windshield.
Underside blue... less saturated, then?
About AII blue: please have a look at http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=278
The linked catalogue looks to show a not too saturated paint for AII light blue.
Are those enamels available there?
About the surface under the tail of red 02: I used to compare it with the corresponding surface of the second plane; now I suspect that this surface on 02 was green, not blue. What do you think of this?
Massimo

Audrius

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »

Hi Massimo,

> how is your PC now?

Thanks, now it is better....

> Increase transparency... you mean, to reduce the bluish shade?

Yes to reduce the bluish. Actually the glass of canopy - plexiglass had a feature to turn to yellow shade (at leas after some maintenance. Such is the oppinion in veterans' recollections). So I guess making it yellowish the transparency should get better. Let's try if you can.

>  On the original color image on the back cover of Barbarossa Victims, I see that the transparent panel is strongly bluish. At least, the windshield.

Looked once again to that picture. I see what you mean. But in my oppinion in the windshield just reflects from the top of cowling. If to check the rest of the canopy and canopy on the other Mig in the background I could not find any bluish on them.

> Underside blue... less saturated, then?

Yes. less bluish.

>  About AII blue: please have a look at http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=278 The linked catalogue looks to show a not too saturated paint for AII light blue. Are those enamels available there?

Will see.

As well some colleagues on other forums suggest that the cowling of Nr.12 is too bluish as well. Should be a la mate aluminum. Let's make more lighter, more to white.

Regarding the forest in the background: doubtful it is the conifers, it should be deciduous (leaf-bearing trees). Thus the crown of the tress should be red-grayish tending to blackish getting down to the trunk.

> About the surface under the tail of red 02: I used to compare it with the corresponding surface of the second plane; now I suspect that this surface on 02 was green, not blue. What do you think of this?

Now I don't think it was green on 02. What I think is that on 12 the underside blue doesn't goes high towards the horizontal planes of the tail. And on the 12 vice versa, the blue goes to the lower surfaces of the horizontal plane of the tail. And due to the shadow it got quite dark shade. There is obvious border of shadows on the blue and white camo there.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 11:14:55 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've modified the image. If you will refresh this page, you will see the updated version.
About green and blue, I am still in doubt. If you look at the light blue under the wings and cooler, you see that it doesn't become too dark. For me, it's still unclear why should it be so dark under the tail of 02, and on the lower part of the fuselage of 12.
Unfortunately, the corresponding part on other planes of the line is not visible for comparison.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: