Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
About Vorozheikin Yak-7b camo scheme ?
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 10:13:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Vorozheikin Yak-7b camo scheme ?  (Read 3711 times)
steph40

« on: May 07, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »

Hello all,

I would like to build the Arsenii V. Vorozheikin aircraft late in automn 1943. The aircraft is a late model Yak-7b "white 22" of 728 IAP with the nose painted red and the sliding canopy removed.
So, I would like to know if this aircraft was painted in a Saratov camo scheme (AII green, AII black and AII blue or AMT4/6/7) or if it was painted in a NKAP camo scheme (AMT11/12/7). This aircraft is illustred in Osprey Aircraft of the Aces 64 "Yakovlev Aces of WW2" (George Mellinger) on page 42 with AMT12/12/7 camo scheme but I think it's a little soon for this camo... What do you think about, please could you help me for my project ?

Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards
St?phane

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »

Hi Stephane, Smiley
you could be right, but the only photo on that book shows barely a piece of fuselage, and the snowy underground kills the contrast of the camo.
I suppose that there should exist another photo, this one is not sufficient as a base for the profile.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: