Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/72 Yak-9 Kits to Avoid
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/72 Yak-9 Kits to Avoid  (Read 18864 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »

If one loves what-if, it could be a good starting point for the Gengiz Khan-1 fighter built in Mongolia in early '50s.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »

If one loves what-if, it could be a good starting point for the Gengiz Khan-1 fighter built in Mongolia in early '50s.
Regards
Massimo

Interesting - I never heard of it, nor is it documented on the Internet, as far as I can tell from a quick search. Did I just get tricked?  Cheesy

The only aircraft I can think of which looks somewhat like a Yak-9, but isn't a Yak-9, is the Yugoslavian Ikarus S-49:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikarus_S-49

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »

Hi John, it is a what if. What if Mongolians tried to build their own planes? 
By the way, according to well detailed what-if documents, they built the Kublai Khan-1 too, that had a strong resemblance with the MiG-3 of Zvezda. So, I've found what to do with mine.  Grin
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »

Aha... Well, now it all makes sense, sort of! Have you seen a doctor lately? Are you getting enough sleep at nights? Sorry - I'm just trying to be funny...  Wink However, now that you mention it, maybe the Zvezda MiG-3 kit really was based on something imaginary. I hope you have some Mongolian decals, though!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 07:42:44 AM »

Hi John,
what if this plane was exported into the PRC? Grin
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:44:38 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »

You're way ahead of me - I thought my plan to build the Modelist I-185 as a production fighter aircraft in 1941 green/black camouflage was radical and adventuresome. Now I see I have a long way to go to match your level of imagination!  Shocked

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »

I checked a bit more carefully - the nose itself is not too bad, despite my "bulbous" comment. The spinner and prop are wrong, though - spinner too big, prop blades too narrow. Unfortunately, there are several other things that would need correcting if you wanted a really accurate Yak-9
John

all that in-depth analysis and you did not discover that the propeller turns in the wrong direction?
that is one of the worst mistakes in the kit.
(and the wingtips and the canopy.......)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »

I checked a bit more carefully - the nose itself is not too bad, despite my "bulbous" comment. The spinner and prop are wrong, though - spinner too big, prop blades too narrow. Unfortunately, there are several other things that would need correcting if you wanted a really accurate Yak-9
John

all that in-depth analysis and you did not discover that the propeller turns in the wrong direction?
that is one of the worst mistakes in the kit.
(and the wingtips and the canopy.......)

Pardon me? I never claimed it was an "in-depth analysis" - in fact, I said quite clearly that my comments were based on "a very brief comparison between the kit parts and the 1/72 drawing (for which I provided the link)". I also said quite clearly that "the spinner and prop are wrong" and should be replaced. And if you think the prop rotation is one of the worst mistakes in the kit, then you didn't read my "in-depth analysis" very carefully.

John
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: