Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig-3 "White 67"
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 09:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig-3 "White 67"  (Read 12198 times)
steph40

« on: May 21, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »

Hello,

I recently bought the 1/48 Alanger "Ace A. Pokrishkin Mig-3" 48203. Regarding this aircraft, "white 67", apparently flown during summer 1942, I would like to know if the AMT4/6/7 camo scheme done by Alanger is really the good ? I saw on Internet lots of camo schemes about this aircraft? But what?s the most probable camo scheme ?
Anyone to help me please ?

Thanks and regards
St?phane

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »

Again, as I posted on the hobbyvista forum:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/white67.html

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »

Now I see that the link to the photo is broken. I'll repair it soon.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »

Smiley Thanks, Massimo - I thought it was just my computer!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »

Hi, Smiley
it is fixed now.
Massimo
steph40

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

Hello,

Like on "Hobbyvista", I'd saw this profile but I wasn't sure that it was the A. Pokryshkin'aircraft (cause the period and the squadron... Huh).
thank you for your help  Smiley
St?ph

JP
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:37 AM »

Ah, Leningrad.  That large building under the star on his fuselage is now the Naval Museum, close to the strelki.  Good times . . .
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

Hi, Smiley

Like on "Hobbyvista", I'd saw this profile but I wasn't sure that it was the A. Pokryshkin'aircraft (cause the period and the squadron... ).
Hi Steph,
It is not his plane, by sure. Who wrote this?

Ah, Leningrad.  That large building under the star on his fuselage is now the Naval Museum, close to the strelki.  Good times . . . 

Hi John,
It looks a beautiful city, isn't it?

I am looking at the second plane on the photo. Do you see any number on its side?

Massimo

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

Hi Massimo!  Smiley What Steph means is that the Alanger kit box or instructions says that it's Pokryshkin's aircraft. I checked the box art at Hannants or Modelimex, and saw that, regardless of what Alanger says, the aircraft in the box art is identical to the profile on your web page - spinner colour, number, shape, colour, and location of numerals - all identical. That was why I posted the link to your "White 67" page.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:21:15 PM »

Hi John, Smiley
ICM made an unaccurate work with some "aces" boxes and combinations of kits with inappropriate decal sheets, just to sell some more kits.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 07:16:29 AM »

ICM made an inaccurate work with some "aces" boxes and combinations of kits with inappropriate decal sheets, just to sell some more kits.

they certainly did this with Stepanenko's machines.
the Yak-9T comes with a nice set of decals for his red 04 machine and a set for his white 17 machine also.
there is currently a debate going to determine if this is a Yak-7b or Yak-9D , either way it does not match the kit in that box.
(they would have to sell it with the Yak-7DI kit to be even marginally close)
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »

The Yak-9T with North Korean markings is another ugly example of arrangement. It is sold with a Tu-2 in the same box.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »

The Yak-9T with North Korean markings is another ugly example of arrangement. It is sold with a Tu-2 in the same box.
Oh Yeah ! how could I have forgotten that?
(smart modelers will substitute the Yak-9P kit by Amodel here)
I will admit to having very little information on the Tu-2 in the Korean War but I was able to find photographic confirmation of one with 3-bladed propellers.
the 4-bladed version appears to be more common.
also this 3-bladed version had the single large window in the aft fuselage,not the 3 small windows the kit depicts so if you wish to model a Korean War Tu-2 you may want to change that.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »

Hi,
the Tu-2 could be a good subject for a web page.
Massimo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:37:24 PM by JP » Logged
steph40

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 11:30:13 PM »

Hello,

Hi Massimo!? Smiley What Steph means is that the Alanger kit box or instructions says that it's Pokryshkin's aircraft. I checked the box art at Hannants or Modelimex, and saw that, regardless of what Alanger says, the aircraft in the box art is identical to the profile on your web page - spinner colour, number, shape, colour, and location of numerals - all identical. That was why I posted the link to your "White 67" page.

John

Yes John, it's exactly what I meant (Thank you John? Smiley sorry for my poor English langauge... Embarrassed)
Yes, Massimo, I think ICM made some unaccurate works with some "aces" boxes but it's very probable A. Pokryshkin flown a Mig-3 "White 67" during Summer 1942 : "MiG-3 aircraft were "white 5", "white 67", "4", and "7" and also "01" [likely the winter-scheme aircraft behind him in a photo](perhaps not in this order). The likliest order is "7", "4", "01" (winter 1941-February 1942), "white 5" (shows "GVARDIYA" on the intakes - likely dates to when the unit was awarded this designation), and finally "67"" from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Ivanovich_Pokryshkin.
I would like to know what is the most probable camo-scheme for this "white 67": I saw a AII Brown/AII dark Green (or AMT4) profile on Osprey 15 "Soviet Aces of WW2" => represented here http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/457/1/10/32_b1 ... What do you think about it ?

Still thanks for your help, regards
St?ph
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:33:00 PM by steph40 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: