Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-7 color interpretation?
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 07:11:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: La-7 color interpretation?  (Read 4388 times)
Greg C.

« on: June 09, 2008, 02:15:30 AM »

Hi gang...
I'm soliciting thoughts on a photo I'm sure a lot of you have seen.  It's a posed photo of six La-7s in flight.  All six clearly have the same finish The photo can be found on page 62 of Red Star Volume 10, Lavochkin's Piston-Engined Fighters, (where they are incorrectly identified as La-5s!) as well as page 32 of MBI's Lavochkin La-7 title.  The same photo can also be found in a number of other publications, including a Squadron In-Action book IIRC.
Anyway, I have seen this photo interpreted in various ways, but my thought is that the upper-surface has a single-color finish of AMT-12, with a red cowling.  All six aircraft are visible to some extent, and all look alike.

I'm thinking a Gavia La-7 would look pretty good in this scheme...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:56:47 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I think that your interpretation is likely. Note the red trim tab on plane 01 only, and a sort of white round on the top of all rudders.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:44:52 AM »

I'm guessing that the round white marking on the rudder is the La-7 badge, usually applied to the engine cowling, but also seen frequently on the tip of the rudder.

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:00 AM »

I think you are both right.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: