Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/48th scale La-5FN by Zvezda?
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 04:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/48th scale La-5FN by Zvezda?  (Read 9993 times)
krofire

« on: May 08, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »

I was reading a list of new releases from the Manufacturers as published in a modelling magazine this month. it listed an La-5FN in 1/48th scale by Zvezda.

Is this a new tooling or a re-box?

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
krofire

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

As an update to my earlier Post I can add the following details:

This information came from the May 2006 (Issue 10) of "Model Airplane International" page 57. The Zvezda Item number is 4801. It is Injection Molded and the magazine claims it is a New Tooling. The release period is quoted as October/November 2006.

Bravo. I wonder if the new ICM LaGG-3 will come first? It's all good for us fans of 1/48th scale. Long may it continue. I wonder when Hasegawa or Tamiya might decide to muscle in on this growing market?

Mark Brown
High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 12:58:01 AM »

well , I sure am glad it is not a re-issue of the Hobbycraft kit  Grin

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Michael_XIII

Bad Russian Boy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »

I just reviewed this kit on ScaleModels.ru

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//scalemodels.ru/modules/myarticles/article_storyid_447.html&langpair=ru%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »

Hi Michael, Smiley
the review looks interesting. The translation is poor, as usual.
I see that there was a lot of discussion about the fact that the sliding hood is narrower in its rear part than in the front part. Was there any sure conclusion form that long discussion?
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »

Go here for yet more discussion of this kit:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=577&page=1

John
Renato71

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:31:44 AM »

Wow! Thanks for links and pics. This is what I was waiting for. Kit looks so good I started to drool.

Regarding painting, I could offer just a comment on Popkov's a/c? Grin
Looks like Zvezda opted for white-tipped tail and no white ring on front part of engine cowling. Also no (misterious) tigers head, but only Guards badge (most probably painted in immediate post-war period, in May '45). In that case there are too few victory stars (should be 41 total).

Now, if someone could be so kind to post a link when this kit becames available in some online shop, there wiil be many gratefull droolers? Kiss

EDIT: I've found it in Hannants for ?9.99. Any other shop, preferable with paypal support?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:36:00 AM by Renato71 » Logged

Renato
Apex1701

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »

Hi Renato71,

he's on pre-order at Greatmodel webstore @ $19.15 USD
They are taking Paypal.

BTW they are taking pre-order on Trumpeter's 1/48 MiG-3 too!!!

All the best.

Jean
Renato71

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »

Apex1701, thanks for tip. I was looking around at it is available for sale on many places (I have to calculate total cost with postage) and I was able to buy it on ebay for 15USD! With postage of 11USD to my country, I think its a great price.
I believe that seller has more La-5FN for sale, if anybody is interested try looking for tamag147 or Model_kit_shop.
Man, I'm so excited about this! Can't wait for it!
Thank you guys for spotting this gem and for reviews.
BR

Renato
Apex1701

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:36:58 AM »

A lucky guys had already begun construction.
Looks very good.
See here: http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/plasticpixframe.htm

Jean
Renato71

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »

Hi all,
Just had to share with you THE great news - My La-5FN arrived today (ebay purchase, 27 USD including postage)

Guys, I'm speechless? Shocked
This kit is so detailed and loks so beautifull it brought tears to my eyes, tears of happines! There is a rod that connects pilots stick with elevator! Rivetting is... WOW! Interior is WOW!
I strongly recommend this kit. This looks like a true "must have" for any modeler, regardless of his/her subject of interest.

Even the decals for Popkov's "01" look correct. Numbers are NOT yellow like on the box, rather they are of some very light shade of white-grey, which I beleive correctly depicts differences that are obvious on piictures. Red outlines of the stars look a bit too thick, and black in Guards badge is a bit of overkill.

Thank you all for drawing our attention to this kit and links for great inbox reviews!

Cheers!

Renato
Michael_XIII

Bad Russian Boy

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »

>I see that there was a lot of discussion about the fact that the sliding hood is narrower in its rear part than in the front part. Was there any sure conclusion form that long discussion?

No - looks like no ending opinion :-) I bored to think on the 7 page ob debates :-)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »

Beautiful 1/48 resin ASh-82FN from Karaya that will really dress up that Zvezda La-5FN:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=KYE4805

Click on "1" under "Click for more pictures" to see larger images with awesome detail!

John
marluc

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »

It?s awesome!!! High level of details.Thanks John for the link.Best regards:

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: