Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Zvezda Pe-8... Finally!
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 02:52:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zvezda Pe-8... Finally!  (Read 6545 times)
Greg C.

« on: July 05, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »

I have been anxiously awaiting this kit, well, ever since reading of it's announcement over a year ago.  I finally picked-one up yesterday.  Impressive looking kit "in the box".  I was very impressed with their La-5FN, and it looks like Zvezda is improving with each new effort.  The parts are cleanly molded, with very smooth, consistent detail.  Panels are well-done.  I carefully clipped off the fuselage halves to test fit them, and li looks like there will be little difficuly assembling this kit.  The framing of the canopy clear parts looks to me to be too heavy, standing well out from the "glass' of the windows, but I think this can be remedied easily with some careful sanding.  I'm looking forward to building it!

I'll try to get some shots of the sprues later.  Anyone aware of any alternative markings?  The kit comes with one option only.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »

AML has a new sheet for the Pe-8:
http://www.modelimex.com/detail/decals/1-72/1-72-decals-petlyakov-pe-8

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:38:37 PM »

Nice! But I have to say that many decals sheets for Soviet planes are made mainly of red stars. I think that in some case one could make sets for 6-8 planes instead of four avoiding to duplicate red stars.
Massimo
Greg C.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »

Cool!  Thanks John, I hadn't started looking for makings yet.  Hopefully we'll see more!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »

I have bought the kit, that looks very good.
Having a look to the frames, I think that it will be developed in further versions: a transport one (windows are engraved on the inner side of fuselage) and a M-82 one (engines and part of the wing leading edge are separate).
A small complain is for the tyres, that look without any engraving.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: