Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Experimental Soviet camos on M-Hobby 1/99
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimental Soviet camos on M-Hobby 1/99  (Read 20367 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: September 13, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've received scans of M-Hobby 1/99, a great Russian modelling magazine, and there is a research of 10 pages with photos and text in Russian; it can be briefly resumed with these color tables.
Massimo

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »

Hi Massimo!  Smiley Very interesting! Does the article include any photos of aircraft with these camouflage patterns? Were any markings applied to them?

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:54:38 AM »

where did you get these interesting color images?
the scans of this series from M-hobby that I saw (in a Russian forum) only included some poor quality images of the actual aircraft.
determining some of the patterns is difficult with some of these images.
I am currently working on an I-16 using one of those experimental schemes , so you can see why this is so interesting to me.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:17:58 AM »

Hi John, hi DGM Smiley
I received the scans from a kind friend in PDF format, and I've extrapolated these images. The whole article with good photos is about ten pages long. I can post some, if required, but remember, please, that my connection is slow. Is somethimg particularly interesting for you? Or, is there someone willing to read the whole article and resume it in English? It would be an useful service for a lot of modelers.
About markings: the drawings look an accurate reproduction of photos. Only few of the experimentally painted planes wore markings.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »

Thanks Massino!!!These are really very interesting camos.It would be great if you can post a pair of photos of the I-16s to see how they look like.Best regards:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »

do you have anything other than what is posted here :
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_954.html
(as you can see the camo patterns are hard to make out in places, and that is why I asked.
are there other photos of these same machines)
strange , I notice that I-16 #10 seems to be missing from the color sheets-that happens to be the one I'm working on.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Apex1701

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:20:30 AM »

Hi guys,

these pages are from Vakhlamov and Orlov series of articles published in M-Hobby.
The same authors Erik Pilawski talk about in Soviet air force fighter colours, see page 12
There are 6 articles published from 97 to 99.

do you have anything other than what is posted here :
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_954.html
[/color]
There's a link in page 2 of that topic. Look for:? Цвета Советской авиации.pdf - 22.48MB
by author Andrey K.

Hope that help.

Jean
Dark Green Man

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:23:58 AM »

Thanks , Jean !
it seems that part one and all the color pages were eliminated from the main section of the scalemodels.ru forum.
I wonder why ?
(one page lists AMT-11 as an undersurface color--must be a typo!)
[/color]

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »

Hi all, Smiley
about AMT-11 on undersurfaces, one of the interviews of veterans says something about undersurfaces of Yaks being either light blue or light grey, and some photos seem to look a dark look on landing gear doors. So, I wouldn't exclude it at all.
I have other articles on colors, of those authors, but, if one can't read the text, the most interesting thing are those color drawings.
DGM, I'll see to locate and upload photos of n.10 and to have a look to the Russian forum that now is not answering.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »

I've already looked through them (from the .PDF kindly linked by Jean) and I-16 # 10 just isn't there.
although they were kind enough to do I-153 # 15 and that helps me 'cheat' a little with that model.
(also on the list? Grin)
[/color]

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've already uploaded some photos of I-16. About n.10, perhaps it's barely visible on the third photo.
Massimo

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 12:00:57 AM »

As Massimo points out, the numeral 10 is just faintly visible on the rudder in one of the photos on page 19 (which he's posted here)of one of the M-Hobby articles. It helps if you use a photo editor and increase the brightness 30 or 40%.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »

Hi, Smiley
here is a wider version extrapolated by the pdf.
To tell the truth, even if resembles a 10, i am not sure that it is.
Massimo

Dark Green Man

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 06:00:18 AM »

the problem with the photo of the right side of the #10 machine is that is mostly black and hard to make out any kind of pattern,even doing all kinds of drastic things to the image.
it's my guess that this is the reason why the # 10 machine is missing from the color artwork .
[/color]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:10:19 AM by Dark Green Man » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »

Hi,? Smiley
here is a wider image.
I suspect that the sand, light green and red brown are in addition to the original dark green, that is the darker color visible; the original painting shows the star on the left wing, while the camo addition covers it on the other wing (look for the star on the right wing using the hinge as a reference, and it looks likely that, if present, some parts should extend on the darker band).
Massimo

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: