Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-250 ..what a BEAST!!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:00:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: La-250 ..what a BEAST!!  (Read 7240 times)
Greg C.

« on: October 29, 2008, 05:31:50 AM »

Funny how these things work, this airplane was never really on any of my personal "most favorite" lists.? But for some reason, I ordered one.? Then, it just sort of spoke to me, pushing its way to the top of the "To be Built" pile.

Maybe it was just my need to practice with Alclad before moving on to something I REALLY liked!? ?Grin
Anyway, this thing fought me every step of the way.

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out though.? After leafing through all the photos in my collection, I decided the third prototype was the most interesting looking.
Toughest part was finding decals for the "03".? Finally I decided a set from one of the Tally Ho! Luftwaffe number sets in 1/48th was a pretty darn close match.

Number three did not have any national insignia in any of the photos, nor did it have missiles or pylons mounted.? Still a very striking airplane, I think, and even in 1/72nd,
this sucker is BIG!

I'm working on another Luftwaffe project right now, but I might actually be tempted to haul out my Su-9 here shortly and have a go at that.? I swear though, Amodel must make their kits for dedicated massochists!
marluc

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »

Excellent Greg,you made an excellent work on this "beast".What Alclad colours did you use?Congratulations and thanks for sharing these photos.
Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »

Hi, Smiley
beauriful work!.
To tell the truth, I was pleased with the fit of some Amodels I made... excluding the I-17. The problem was the excessive thickness of doors and walls.
Massimo
Greg C.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »

Excellent Greg,you made an excellent work on this "beast".What Alclad colours did you use?Congratulations and thanks for sharing these photos.
Best regards:

Martin

Thanks Martin!

If memory serves, I used Aluminum, Dark Aluminum, Magnesium, and Jet Exhaust.

GC
Greg C.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:32:07 PM »

Hi, Smiley
beauriful work!.
To tell the truth, I was pleased with the fit of some Amodels I made... excluding the I-17. The problem was the excessive thickness of doors and walls.
Massimo

Thanks Massimo!
I have a pretty healthy collection of Amodel kits in my "stash", and the only ones that don't look like they will be real challenges in the fit and assembly department are the big ones, the M-52 and the T-4.  I'd love to do the Tu-128, but haven't worked up the nerve yet, knowing the effort it will require.  Their kits are generally always good in the accuracy department, but none of the ones I've seen have looked at all easy!
My current collection includes their Su-15TM, Su-9, Su-11, Tu-128, and a Yak-28L, along with the aforementioned Bounder and Sotka.  All are of great interest to me, but to be honest, the Anaconda is the first Amodel kit I have finished.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've a lot of Amodels, a pair of them nearly end (I-17, Yak-1, Yak-3, Yak-2, I-17) and stopped for some lack of time. They require some careful fitting test and filing work, but the only one that required to be filled with putty was I-17.
In the jet field, I've a pair of Yak-28, a 27, a Forger, Su-9, Tu-128 Yak-17... what else?
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: