Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kirill. A. Evstigneev "white 95"
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kirill. A. Evstigneev "white 95"  (Read 6026 times)
steph40

« on: January 26, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »

Hello,

I need your help regarding a picture seen here: http://airaces.narod.ru/all1/evstign.htm I would like to know your opinion regarding the aircraft (on nose) "white 95".
The text says it's a La-5FN but the legend with the mouse cursor indicates it's a La-5F. I don't see very well the nose of this aircraft and I can't formally identify the model (I think it's a La-5F). Does anybody can tell me what model is it, La-5F or FN ?

Thanks in advance for your help. Regards
St?ph

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:08:11 AM »

Hi Steph!  Smiley You mean the photo of "White 95" about halfway down the page, with the aircraft tipped up on its nose, right? From the shape of the engine cooling flap on the side of the cowling, I am sure it's a La-5FN; also, when I hover my cursor over the photo, I get the Russian text for La-5FN (Ла-5ФН К. А. Евстигнеева), not La-5. I hope this helps!

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:50 AM »

I agree with John, it looks like an 'FN'
it also looks like it has the diamond-shaped <FN> badge in the center of the cowling (where it often times appears) , but it is hard to be certain without a photo of better quality.

here is part of the text as translated by Babelfish :
[/color]
"After injury Yevstigneev flew on the La -5[FN] (identification number 95), on which he brought down 36 aircraft of enemy. And, according to available data, this greatest number of victories, gained in one machine."

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

Hello St?ph.

It?s a La-5FN because it has the long supercharger air intake over the nose and the flat air flow control flap on the side behind the engine.The La-5F had a bulge in this flap to cover the single colector exhaust pipe while the La-5FN had a flat flap covering the individual exhaust tubes for each cilinder.Hope it helps.
Best regards.

Martin
steph40

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your answers and your help? Smiley. So, I'm ready for my next model kit => La-5FN "white 95" flown by Kirill. A. Evstigneev !!!? Grin
Best regards
St?ph

steph40

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »

Hello all,

Another question... Grin: is it a standard camo AMT11-12 & 7 or AMT12 & 7 only ?

Thanks in advance, regards
St?ph

marluc

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »

Hello St?ph:

It?s hard to say with a low quality photo.But in the picture are hardly visible what looks like to be demarcation lines between colours just forward of the white bordered star,bellow the fixed portion of the canopy and in the rudder.As far as I can rememember,I?ve never seen a picture of a La-5FN in one solid upperside colour.So,my guess is that it should be AMT11-12 & 7.
Hope it helps,best regards:

Martin
steph40

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »

Hello Martin,

That helps me, thanks Martin.

Best regards
St?ph

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: