Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
SU-27 Model
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 06:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SU-27 Model  (Read 5689 times)
Clare

« on: October 06, 2005, 02:08:30 AM »

I agree with JP on this model.  It is not a project, it is either a career or an obsession!!!  I hope that when if flys, that it doesn't end up like that B-52 a while back.  What a project!!!

Clare

1/72 = Gentlemen's Scale
JP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:20:58 AM »

I think it's just for static display.? I sure hope it is.? But even if it were flight-capable, I would definitely not have the guts to risk putting that much painstaking handiwork into the air.

I seem to recall a story from some years back of a gentleman who scratch built a Lancaster bomber with a wingspan of something like 6 feet.? Scratch built everything including the working landing gear.? He spent years and thousands of dollars, not to mention all the time he put in.? It was a beautiful recreation of that famous plane.?

Then he took it to the field to fly it, crashed it on the first flight and it was a total write-off.

No, if I do that kind of work, it gets hung from the ceiling or maybe mounted on a pole near the gate to my driveway.? But first, I would have to be capable of that kind of work! Undecided

JP
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:14:12 AM »

Hi,
I had an old friend that was enthusiast of flying models. He preferred reproductions of jet planes with tubed fan. He lost nearly all of them. I was there when his new F-104 crashed at the first flight, possibly due to radio interferences.  Cry
Probably his models were not as sophisticated as the giant Flanker or the Lancaster, but they were beautiful models all the same. Nearly a year of hard work for each plane. Cry

Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: