Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM LaGG-3!!
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM LaGG-3!!  (Read 19071 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »

it's also amusing that people still think a certain series with have this or that.
just build it as an early series 5-gun,4-gun or 2-gun machine and call it a day!

So, series number doesn't mean anything? Where did the idea of LaGG-3 series numbers come from? The first time I saw it was in Hans-Heiri Stapfer's "LaGG Fighters in Action" book; I very carefully listed all the key features as he described them and made myself a table comparing each of them. Now I'm disappointed... Wink

John

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I think that the origin of the commonly accepted division in series is from the drawings of Voronin, that report details of different variants listing the serie on which they appeared. This division was adopted by the Lagg-3 in action monograph, and is widely accepted even if it contains by sure some simplifications, as the absence of indications of how the non mentioned series were, or the influence of the plant of building.
I think that, in spite of the doubts, being this classification widely accepted and sintetic, it is useful all the same for our purposes.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »

it amuses me to see that some seem to think they can determine a series (or better yet-factory)
from the size and shape of the exhaust baffle plates.
it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it changed size or shape within a series , and certainly would be different from factory to factory.
I simply know of no way to conclusively determine a specific series or factory from such a detail.

the wing root intakes are another area of amusement.
maybe there is a way to determine series or factory from such details , but how can you be sure?

these are features of a LaGG-3 that have very little importance to me so I don't worry if it is 'right' or not. I have more important things to think about.
(finding correct decals for interesting machines is a whole other nightmare.)
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »

They need to be strengthened with some kind of clear coating, like Microscale Liquid Decal Film.

A modeller (don?t remember the article,sorry) achieved a good result giving a coat of barnish to the decal sheet.
Greetings:

Martin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: