Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lagg-3 cockpit interior colours?
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:38:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lagg-3 cockpit interior colours?  (Read 6969 times)
marluc

« on: February 05, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »

Hello everybody:

I?ve just received the ICM Lagg-3 and I would like to know if Wood aerolak is a correct cockpit interior colour,including the seat and armour plate.And what about aluminium paint?
Thanks in advance for your help,best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Hi,  Smiley
I have not strong evidences, but I have seen photos suggesting that wooden parts were painted with matt aluminium. If this is true, I don't see reasons to think that metal parts were painted with "wooden aerolak", but eventually with metal colors.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »

Hello Massimo:

Thanks a lot for your answer.What colour should be the wheel wells?
By the way,I ll finish the ICM Lagg as Galchenko?s bird,winter 1942/43 scheme,based in your excellent article.Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »

Hi Martin, Smiley
I don't know for sure. They could be green, as recent planes, or medium /dark grey.
Not light shades, as silver or light blue.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »

Thanks again Massimo,best regards:

Martin
vihonen

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »

As I have understood this, the aluminum paint coat for the wooden structures was specified as part of the protective covering, and certainly this is supported by the evidence.? I would bet, though, that something less reflective colour would have been used in cockpit area, on top of the aluminium paint. Like "wooden aerolak", or light blue of the undersides for example.

I personally don't recall any period photo that would show aluminium paint-like surface. Not that it is all that easy to make out, in the first place. Obviously, in the period just after the German onslaught the priority was to get as many aircraft as possible to the front, and I find it more than possible that level of finishing fell quickly, aluminum painted cockpits being well within borders of possibility, or even probability.

Jan
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I have collected some photos of cockpits of LaGG-3/La-5 here: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/cockpits/cockpitlagg3.html
Obviously I can't be sure of the interpretation of a bw image, nor that those images are representatine of all the planes of that type, but my idea is that there is aluminium paint on the sides.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »

Hello Massimo:

The light colour on the instrument panel,could be Wood Aerolak?
Greetings:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »

Hi Martin,
I don't know, I'm sorry. I suppose that the panel was metallic, but it could be wrong.  Sad
I suppose that some grey is the less risky option, but I can't exclude some light green or blue.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 02:42:01 PM »

Thanks Masssimo,I think it should be a light colour because a metallic is too reflective.Greetings:

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: