Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Colour of Khlobystov Hawk?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colour of Khlobystov Hawk?  (Read 4774 times)
marluc

« on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »

Hello everybody:

I would like to know your opinion about the colour of Khlobystov?s P-40/Tomahawk,as in the known photos is too hard to distinguish.I?ve seen profiles with both options:Olive Drab/Neutral Grey as in P-40C or Dark Green/Dark Earth/Sky as in Tomahawks.
Thanks in advance for your answers,best regards:

Martin:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:26:21 PM by marluc » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:24:17 AM »

I believe it was an ex-RAF machine so that would mean it was originally painted here in the US using
'equivalent colors' Dupont 71-009 brown , 71-013 green and 71-021 'sky type s gray'.
if the British repainted it I do not know.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

Hello Paul:

Thanks a lot for your answer.It?s just what I think of the colour scheme under the white wash.
Best regards:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:11:57 AM »

...and where did I get that information?
(see link below)
although it does not state the colors specifically, it does mention that they were ex-RAF machines.
that eliminates the ex-USAAF Olive Drab/Neutral Gray scheme for this particular batch of aircraft.
(later on they did receive a number of P-40C's in O.D./N.G.)
[/color]

http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/articles/romanenko/p-40/index.htm

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:04:35 AM »

Thanks Paul,I have this article in my references and forgot to check it out.
Best regards:

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: