Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
hobbyvista ban
Sovietwarplanes
April 28, 2024, 05:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: hobbyvista ban  (Read 9370 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »

Hi,
today I have had the surprise to find this ban note on the hobbyvista forum:
Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: go to your own board full of "experts", please
Ban will be lifted: Never

Well, I remember to have been menaced to be banned some years ago, when I dared to sustain that Yak-4s came out of factory with green/light blue livery (that is a thing commonly written on all monographs), but that was the time when another person dictated his truths.
This doesn't loook nor a rational not a fair way to conduct a forum, and I am very marvelled because I had another opinion of the today's moderator of that site.
Now, nothing has happened in recent days or months or years to justify such a ban; if there is some explanation written inside the Hobbyvista forum, I haven't access to it.
Could anyone explain what is the matter, please?

Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »

Hi Massimo! That sounds completely ridiculous! I'm sure this must be the work of some malicious hacker or other troublemaker, and it is not the official opinion of the moderator on the forum. I hope an explanation will soon be presented, and an apology, if necessary!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »

Hi John, Smiley
thank you for your words. I hope so.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »

I?m pretty surprised by the ban from the hobbyvista forum for no apparent reason.Quoting John,I hope this was made by a hacker and hope there will be an explanation soon.Best regards:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

Thank you Martin Smiley
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »

Well, now I see that Matt Bittner is connected in this forum. It would be nice to have any explanation, isn't it?
Massimo
mbittner

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:03:48 AM »

My apologies, Massimo, but it was Erik's decision.? You'll have to take it up with him.

Matt

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »

Hi Matt,
I see. I have imagined this. It is exactly his style.
I'm happy that you haven't become like him, but I'm displeased that your work for your forum is in some way damaged by him.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

...but it was Erik's decision.?

It?s sad to known that Massimo?s ban from the VVS forum was on purpose and with NO logical reason at all,he didn?t broke any of the forum rules.It?s an unfair decision.Greetings:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »

Thank you Martin.
Massimo
Apex1701

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »

Hi Massimo,

your ban is from Mr. Pilawski?
To say the least it's speaks volume about him.
On all the discussions about his works and findings I was siding strongly to his point of view.
But now I'm not so sure. At least I'll check russian websites being a lot more open minded than before.

And what was the ban reason: "Ban Reason: go to your own board full of "experts", please"
Well since lot's of guys from here are the same than his own forum of experts; Marluc, John, DGM and even Matt Bittner,  I really don't know what to think.

There's so few non-russian websites on the VVS, it's a shame.

Cheers.

Jean
warhawk

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »

This is a really good commercial for his website and forum... shame...

I simply couldn't believe when I read it...
marluc

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 05:34:03 AM »

And what was the ban reason: "Ban Reason: go to your own board full of "experts", please"
Well since lot's of guys from here are the same than his own forum of experts; Marluc, John, DGM and even Matt Bittner,? I really don't know what to think.

Thanks Jean for your "compliment"...but I?m by no means an expert as Dark Green Man and John are.And must say that the ban reason is senseless and in some way,agressive.Greetings:

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »

Thanks to you all.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:09 PM »

Okay, thanks, Jean and Martin, but I'm certainly no expert, with or without Mr. Pilawskii's sarcastic quotation marks. I just like the subject of VVS Great Patriotic War aircraft and markings, and I like to share whatever information I can gather, either from the Internet or from any book I might have. In other words, I'm just passing on someone else's expertise, not my own!

I hope Erik will change his decision on this, and perhaps offer Massimo an apology.

John
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: