Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM LaGG-3 Series 1-4
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:59:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM LaGG-3 Series 1-4  (Read 3602 times)
nimbus109

« on: July 18, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »

With all of the variations of the LaGG, does anyone want to venture a guess as to which version the ICM kit best represents? Seems it is a 'composite' kit of an early type with various features appropriate for different versions. Also do you think the forthcoming LaGG-3 type 35 will feature new fuselage and other items necessary to represent the type? I think the LaGG team was moving fast with new variants because papa Joe had a short fuse for failure! And finally does anyrone have the 'red 35' from the Vector LaGG kit they might want make swap in a decal trade? Seems the VVS does not get represented in decals. Thanks.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I agree, it is not exactly a series 1 because of the wingroot intake style and some small details  of the engine cowling sides. 
On the other side, the plate behind the exhausts is rounded, a more pointed one should have been better for type 4 and later, so I wonder if they will change the fuselage sides for later versions.
These differences are minimal, however. The kit looks to reproduce well series 2-3 planes, I think.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: