Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-1 bort 27, 255 IAP, summer 1942
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 08:14:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-1 bort 27, 255 IAP, summer 1942  (Read 7040 times)
Apex1701

« on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »

Hi,

for those who remember last year I began building a 1/48 South Front Yak-1. It was supposed to be Baranov's.
Unfortunately disaster struck and I had to strip it and repaint it. Obviously without Baranov's decoration I had to find another one.
I finally choose bort 27 from the 255 IAP, summer 1942.

While researching for a photo I found this:

What was surprising was the infos attached ot it.
Here's the translation:
"Yak 1 to the Murmansk region. Yak-1 bort number 27 of 255 IAP Murmansk.
Initially aircraft belonged to 20 IAP then, after repair in 18 workshop VVS-SF it was transmitted in 255 IAP.
Aircraft is completely recolored in the workshops during the repair, but bort number is restored in the previous style.
In the workshops at that time was passed the repair of [kharikeyny] and this yak obtained the fields of the camo almost in the style of RAF.
It is remarkable, that the spread of camouflage on it made by hand with the rags (or brush) of that dipped into the paint in the form of? frequent spots on the boundary of the separation of color.
However, this version of the spread of the kamo is present on I -153 this GO of the region of [bd] (apparently they overhauled and they colored there) "

There was one picture showing that this kind of "dots" camo was done on Yaks too.

Here's some pics of the end result:

Jean

marluc

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:49:29 AM »

Hello Jean:

Wonderful Yak,congratulations,you?ve done an excellent work.I like the very interesting paint scheme,well done.What colour did you paint the cockpit interior?
Thanks for sharing it with us,best regards:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:53:42 AM »

very nice work , Jean !
I haven't gotten around to building my South Front Yak-1 yet , but I am looking forward to it.
part of the problem is that the decal sheet has too many options. Smiley
the unusual method of displaying 'kill stars' was one of the reasons I thought of doing the same machine you did.
one thing I like to have is an image of the original plane for assistance in the camoflage colors and pattern,some of the options are for planes I have not seen a photo of.
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »

Hi Jean, Smiley
nice model indeed.
Thank you for sharing this extremely interesting photo of real Yak-1. For what you know, are there other photos showing this unusual camo?
Massimo
Apex1701

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

Thanks guys for your comments.

@ Marluc:
Cockpit is painted in 2 colors: varnished woods and WEM ACS06 Blue-grey metal primer.
See this pic posted on another forum last year:

@ DGM:
The only schematic i found was this skin for IL-2 computer game:

@ Massimo:
I had saved that pic on my computer but with no references at all. How stoopid of me :-((
The only thing I remember was that it come from a russian IL-2 forum with the skin.
I spent some hours yesterday trying to find it.
Reportedely the guy on the picture is named Kozevich. I was not able to find infos on him too.

All the best.

Jean
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »

thanks to our friends at scalemodels.ru we now have a photo of this plane.
(the source of the photo was not listed)
I used Adobe Photoshop to adjust the contract and brightness to make the camoflage pattern easier to see.
enjoy!
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »

Jean,wonderful interiors.Nice colours,I like the wood painted sides.

Paul,thanks for sharing the photo,the camouflage pattern can be seen easily.

Best regards.

Martin
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:57:55 PM by marluc » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: